Huff & Huff, Inc. a subsidiary of GZA (H&H/GZA) is currently seeking an Environmental Scientist: to support our environmental natural resources practice in our Oak Brook, Illinois, office. The successful candidate will have a solid educational background, and must be self-motivated with a professional attitude.
As an Environmental Scientist, you will work on a fast-paced team of Scientists, Engineers, Project Managers, and Principals. We are seeking a mid-level Environmental Scientist with experience in natural resource and environmental field work and supporting report preparation. The qualified candidates must have a minimum of 3 - 5 years: of professional experience with the following environmental activities:
- Wetland Delineations;
- Wetland and Stormwater Permitting;
- Floristic Quality Assessments;
- Erosion and Sediment Control Monitoring;
Our close-knit culture here at H&H/GZA will allow you to grow professionally. You will be mentored by seasoned professionals, who will in turn look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment. Between field work projects, you will work in a professional office setting, preparing detailed and accurate field documentation, data analysis and reporting.
- BS/MS in Biology, Environmental Science, Engineering, or Natural Resources or related field
- Strong Microsoft Office Word and Excel skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and GIS preferred
- Plant identification experience preferred (emphasis on wetland plants)
- Understanding of Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Best Management Practices preferred
- Stream Survey Experience a plus (fish, mussels, macroinvertebrates)
- NEPA experience and field experience a plus
- Water Quality issues/evaluations
- Availability to work Monday through Friday and some evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel locally and regionally
- A valid driver’s license in good standing
- Professional development and enrichment
- Stable work environment
Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401K retirement plan
GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc. is an Affirmative/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, marital or veteran status, age or other protected status.