Available Shift 6am-2pm and 2pm-10pm
Provide laundry delivery services for the facility and residents under the supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
This facility expects their employees to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list of duties is not all-inclusive:
- Follow a regular schedule of all daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual laundry requirements.
- Follow an uninterrupted work schedule when Supervisor is not available.
- Mark any unmarked clothing with appropriate resident name before washing or mixing with other soiled clothing.
- Wash personal clothing of residents who request this service.
- Handle linen services for other facility departments as required.
- Coordinate daily laundry services with nursing services when performing routine laundry assignments in resident living and/or recreational areas.
- Assure that an adequate supply of laundry/linen supplies is maintained in laundry/linen closets to meet the daily needs of the residents.
- Keep accurate records of linen inventory.
- Pick up soiled clothing from dirty linen room and bath areas as outlined in Laundry policies and procedures.
- Operate washers, dryers, and other laundry equipment.
- Fold, stack, hang, and deliver laundry and linen.
- Assist in maintaining the Laundry Department in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner at all times.
- Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
- Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
- Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
- Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
- Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
- Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
- Practical knowledge of day-to-day laundry care in a nursing facility.
- Organized and detailed in work performance.
- Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
- Comply with the Residents’ Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
- Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
Great Downtown location and benefits!