When you take advantage of a career opportunity at Indian River Medical center (IRMC) you’ve opened up an opportunity to achieve a higher degree of success. As a 2017s “Best Places to Work” award-winning healthcare leader and the largest private sector employer in beautiful Indian River County, Florida, our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the people and the communities we serve.
Indian River Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission and has earned an “A” in patient safety – the top grade in the latest Leapfrog Hospital Safety study. IRMC has received the Stroke Gold plus Quality Achievement Award and the Heart Failure Silver Quality Achievement Award. IRMC was recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the “Best Hospitals” for 2016-2017 year.
The Cardiopulmonary Supervisor assists with the management of daily operations in the area of Respiratory Therapy. The Supervisor serves as a resource person to staff, assists with employee performance evaluations and participates in the corrective action process. In addition he/she will be responsible for patient care on a limited basis.
- Responsible for working in a safe and protective manner at all times keeping in mind that safety and environmental hazards are the responsibility of all employees for themselves, other staff members and patients.
- Must be able to perform all standard technical tasks and duties of the Registered Respiratory Therapy.
- Responsible for in-service education on protocols to all staff members.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with the medical staff to troubleshoot problems with utilization of protocols.
- Monitors all protocol utilization.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of departmental protocols, competencies, policies, and procedures.
- Assists in the development, implementation and monitoring of departmental performance improvement activities.
- Assists with employee performance evaluations.
- Assists with staff scheduling.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Assists with monthly Department meetings.
- Maintains department records of staff.
- Communicates with staff current policies and procedures, new procedures and new equipment, etc.
- Participates in committee meetings and intradepartmental task forces as assigned.
- Counsels employees and participates in corrective action process.
- Associates Degree Preferred.
- 4-5 years Billing and/or Collection experience
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Retirement plan- 403(b)
- Tuition reimbursement for degrees earning from accredited colleges and universities after six months of employment with IRMC.
- Fee waiver for Indian River State College and much more!!!
(Benefits described here are based on full time employment with IRMC)
To apply for the Supervisor Cardiopulmonary position at Indian River Medical Center, please visit our website atwww.irmccareers.com.
IRMC is a DRUG AND NICOTINE FREE WORKPLACE
Job Type: Full-time