Benefits offered to the Orthotic Fitter:
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans available
- FSA / Dependent FSA
- AFLAC and Allstate Plans available
- 401K Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off) and Paid Holidays
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefit
- Opportunities for internal career advancement in a growing and competitive industry
COVID Vaccine mandated by NYS DOH & our affiliated hospital systems. Will have to provide proof.
Hourly Compensation starting at $21/hr & based on experience
Responsibilities of an Orthotic Fitter:
- Performs procedures in the office or hospital setting, as prescribed by the physician and supervised by clinical manager.
- Administers orthotic braces and devices to clients with relativity stable conditions. Instructs, motivates, and assists clients in learning and improving functional activities.
- Instructs patient and family members on the proper use of devices. Helps client utilize the resources of their community and family.
- Reports changes in the client’s condition to the supervising clinical manager.
- Prepares clinical notes and progress reports, documenting treatments performed, and submits them for review to the supervising clinical manager.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
Qualifications of an Orthotic Fitter
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a Plus
- Previous Experience Bracing and Casting Preferred
- Ability to Understand and Meet Patient and Physician Needs
- Insurance knowledge a Major Plus
- Must be able to commute to designated location every day
- Must be willing to learn, be very flexible, possess excellent communication skills and be a team player with a desire to grow in the healthcare field.
- Knowledge of human anatomy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop good interpersonal relationships with patients, staff and other healthcare providers and the ability to work with patients in a hospital or office setting
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend shifts
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and willing to work physicians’ hours
- Must be physically capable to stand for long periods of time and walk throughout the facility as needed.
- If an ATC, must have solid knowledge of principles and practices of athletic training
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $43,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All necessary PPE is available and provided.
- Are you vaccinated against COVID-19?
Work Location: One location