Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE:
GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Supervisor, Manufacturing Support
Gannett Publishing Services
The Supervisor, Manufacturing Support collaborates with the Manufacturing Support Manager in the day to day supervisory duties and operations of the department to consistently execute efficient operations to maintain, diagnose and all production related equipment & systems.
Work as part of a crew during a designated shift to achieve and maintain on-time production performance including product quality and accuracy standards, operational safety including OSHA and EPA compliance.
Provide hands-on supervision of the following maintenance functions:
- Daily supervision of technicians, electricians and machinists staff including scheduling and time card approval
- Positive employee, contractor, vendor, and customer relations
- Assist with asset management including stable inventories: Equipment, supplies, spare parts
Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness:
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in leading safety compliance within the department including accident investigations and follow up.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs: Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens, Forklift.
- Report work related injuries to insurance carrier.
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning properly, and in use.
- Provide timely & accurate reports and information to the local operations team management.
- Immediately notify General Manager of any potential hard-down equipment failures or serious equipment damage.
- Primary: production operations over multiple shifts
- Critical relationships
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associate or Bachelor engineering degree preferred or comparable experience.
- Journeyman level machinist/electrician certification preferred.
- Minimum five to ten years related experience in production/manufacturing facility maintenance, diagnostics & repair required
- Two to four years’ experience in a management/leadership role required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including E-mail, Excel, and Word
- Good abilities with use of hand and power tools
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.