The City of Greeley is seeking a Wastewater Treatment Plant Superintendent within the Water & Sewer Department. This position works under the general direction of the Operations Manager and oversees the administration, operation, and maintenance of the Water Pollution Control Facility. You will manage approximately 22 staff members responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of various pumps, motors, treatment processes including activated sludge and de-ammonification, turbo blowers, anaerobic digesters, ultraviolet disinfection, and an industrial pretreatment program, This position will include supervising staff performing short and long-range planning of departmental programs, services, and budgets. Managing studies and preparing reports of findings and recommendations of division programs and activities will also be required. You will help ensure that the group is adequately staffed with qualified personnel to achieve the group's goals and objectives. You will be working with staff dedicated to continuing and enhancing Greeley's role within the Colorado community. If you are innovative, enjoy challenges and are seeking a position with significant responsibility, come see what Greeley has to offer.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Studies, Biology, Chemistry, Physical Sciences, Engineering, or related degree.
- Master of Science degree in a related field or degree in Business or Public Administration desired.
- Certification as a Colorado Class 'A' wastewater treatment plant operator.
- 5 + years supervising personnel in management, operations, or maintenance of an advanced wastewater treatment plant.
- Computer and office equipment skills.
- Public relation and customer service skills.
- Verbal and written skills, including report writing.
- Accounting, budgeting, and record-keeping skills.
- Knowledge of management and leadership principles, organization, and work scheduling.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, equipment, materials, and standards involved in the operations, maintenance, and management of wastewater treatment (WWT) systems.
- Valid Colorado driver's license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to assume responsibility.
- Plan, organize, supervise, and schedule resources to meet program and service goals.
- Analyze, develop, revise, and improve scheduling, standards, and work and procurement methods.
- Conduct studies, analyze data, and prepare reports of findings and recommendations.
- Formulate and administer budgets.
- Develop work procedures and practices.
- Modify work assignments of employees in accordance with departmental needs.
- Formulate, interpret, enforce, and apply policies and regulatory requirements controlling departmental processes.
- Recommend staffing levels and equipment purchase and replacement.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advise and consult with direct reports on policy-level and technical aspects of assigned programs.
- Facilitate staff meetings and attend appropriate meetings.
- Develop and implement emergency management guidelines to effectively deal with WWT problems, power outages, flooding, and other factors that could impact public health and environmental quality.
- Coordinate plant safety and security needs.
- Assists with the coordination of Capital Improvement Projects to upgrade and/or expand plant facilities.
- Work location is in an office setting (80%) coupled with field visits (20%).
- Frequent public contact by telephone and in person.
- Frequent participation in meetings.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $81,557.00 to $95,146.00 /year