The qualified candidate will have direct experience estimating, bidding, and managing commercial roofing projects with multiple teams.
Knight Roofing is seeking an extremely experienced and highly qualified commercial roofing project manager and/or estimator with at least 3 years of commercial roofing experience as a project manager or estimator. Commercial roofing project managers and estimators work with our existing commercial construction companies, property owners, and management companies to help respond and service an ever-increasing work load and bid demand. Commercial roofing project managers and estimators are considered key positions to establishing and maintaining positive relationships with our partners, subs, and vendors.
For qualified candidates, the Commercial Roofing Estimator roles have a high earning potential, high level of autonomy, and steady stream of qualified commercial roofing leads and bidding opportunities.
Typically, work will consist of, but not limited to, estimating materials and labor for large commercial roof projects, both new roofs and reproofs with the intention of acquiring new roofing projects. A knowledgeable understanding of plans and specifications is required. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture/construction science is preferred.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to perform takeoffs and manipulate pdf’s with related software. Additionally, the ability to work with others in an office environment and communicate effectively is a must. Continuing education in all aspects of roofing application and products is mandatory. Lastly, the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to make effective and pragmatic decisions that guide and manage the project from beginning to end. The required estimating ability and management skill sets must be performed in a manner that gives the customer peace of mind, maintains budget guidelines, and completes projects on time.
Responsibilities / Requirements
Included but are not limited to:
- The ability to read/understand construction plans and specifications for the purpose of quoting and acquiring commercial roof projects.
- Help manage, if needed, any job sold. Occasionally it is necessary to visit job sites during production.
- Maintain continual knowledge of industry standards, changes, terminology, proper installation procedures, products, etc. Along with mandatory weekly meetings, knight Roofing, at times, will also schedule mandatory continuing education events outside the office.
- Properly prepare all shop drawings, submittals, and close-out documents required for newly acquired jobs. Process is to be completed in a timely fashion; typically, 48 hrs or 2 business days after contract is signed.
- Take all job and bid opportunities given you by the company and pursue with 100% effort.
- Create and pursue leads during all times of the year as well as self-generate leads.
- Update status on opportunities at a minimum of twice weekly.
- Address all support cases within 24 hrs and provide status updates to office manager, production manager, or owner.
- Respond to all company emails in a timely fashion (24 hrs or less).
- Must be honest, trustworthy and able to work for long periods unsupervised; self-motivated.
- Represent Knight Commercial Roofing in a professional manner at all times, in actions, and words.
- Will need reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license, and social security card.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects