BUDGET MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR JOB in DEERFIELD IL
1 year contract assignment
**an excel assessment will be emailed to you upon applying via indeed - CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT COMPLETE THIS ASSESSMENT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
This position resides in Cost Management and coordinates the placement of requisition for construction projects in accordance with specified requirements, in a timely and accurate manner, using our requisition and payment system. Coordinator is responsible for handling day-to-day requisitions, issue resolution and contact with project managers and vendors. Works to improve the efficiency of the overall requisitions of services for new, remodel, and program stores. Interfaces with various other departments such as Accounts Payable, Procurement, Finance & Accounting and external vendors/contractors.
- Places requisitions for construction services based on specified scope and chosen vendor(s) in a timely and accurate manner. Escalates and addresses issues or inaccuracies to management in a timely manner.
- Partners with project and program manager to understand service criteria, locations and specifics of the project and updates requirements as they change.
- Understands scope of the projects to ensure requisition is done accurately to minimize revisions and resubmissions.
- Understands coding of project and service requisitions to ensure they are categorized under the correct project and accurate project treatment is applied (capital vs. expense).
- Answers questions and requests and completes work in a timely, efficient, and correct manner. Researches new issues and provides management with a root cause and suggestion for immediate and future resolution.
- Proactive in communicating potential issues regarding completeness and status of requisitions to the project manager and team management. Escalates critical requests and repeated issues to project and team management.
- Completes service requisition templates in an accurate manner by providing correct information, identifying potential errors before they happen and correcting issues.
- Partners with Group Procurement to work through the requisitions in an expeditious manner and addresses needed changes and corrections. Performs timely follow up on pending requisitions.
- Completes other tasks as needed by management to support the success of the project.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in accounting OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least three years of experience in contract administration, project management and analytics.
- Intermediate MS Excel skills, hands on knowledge of pivot tables, vlookups, sumif, count, inserting charts, using text wrap, filters, left and right, concatenate, sorting and other commonly used functions.
- Intermediate MS Word, Outlook skills and working knowledge of Adobe/PDF.
- Experience managing multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Experience establishing and maintaining working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, such as peers, superiors, internal/external stakeholders and business partners.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Budget Management: 3 years (Required)
- accounting: 2 years (Required)