Don't just dream about What's Next – build it!
Nexient specializes in bringing a "Product Mindset" to our work, using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from product development to build great custom software people love to use.
And as America's leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services partner, we're building it here instead of sending tech jobs offshore.
People are noticing.
Our clients include some of America's favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services and more – but also some very cool product companies you may not have heard of yet. We're recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World's Top 100 Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times ( https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/30/technology/hot-spot-for-tech-outsourcing-the-united-states.html ).
- Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology partners)
- Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan)
- Onsite collaboration (with product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with client teams around the country)
Come build with us!
A solid Technical Lead capable of leading offshore, completing designs and coding for microservices with Java 8 and Cassandra DB. The platform will be on OpenShift.
Core Responsibilities of the role include:
- 8+ year of technical experience and a leader in designing & coding robust scalable, loosely coupled components and microservices that underpin cloud ready services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Versatile in Java 8 and Cassandra DB
- Experience with OpenShift a plus
- Apply architecture and design principals consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios
- Enforce processes around development methodologies including continuous integration, static code analysis, test coverage, etc.
- Perform technical code reviews to ensure quality
- Lead and participate in story grooming to ensure sound technical design and story pointing
- Review and approve functional specifications created by delivery project teams
- Partner with architects to deliver solution blueprints and other UML based design documentation
- Communicate and effectively, articulating technical decisions to business and technical partners
- Developing and maintaining long term business domain knowledge
- Responsible for ensuring that the scrum/agile team deliverables adhere to defined solution architecture and application design
- Strong focus on DevOps use-cases and work-flows
- Subject matter expert on system behavior of domain features