On Lok Lifeways
We are a non-profit committed to our participants. On Lok Lifeways PACE long term senior care is provided by On Lok Senior Health Services, a 501(c)(3) non-profit
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok, Inc. serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Home Care Manager, the Home Care Registered Nurse offers direct skilled care as well as supervision of care to participants receiving home care services.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Clinical Practice: Evaluates, implements and develops a home care treatment plan for participants. Monitors participant changes and adjusts treatment plan accordingly. Provides skilled nursing care as needed.
2. Supervision and Training: Instructs and supervises geriatric aides and LVNs in carrying out the home care treatment plan. Teaches and counsels participants and family members regarding participant's care and safety.
3. Interdisciplinary Teamwork and Communication: Participates actively in the interdisciplinary team by offering clinical expertise in team planning and problem solving. Communicates effectively with participants, family and team members.
4. Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. Graduate of an accredited college or university with either an associate or baccalaureate degree in nursing.
2. Possess a current California Registered Nurse license. A California Public Health Nurse certificate is desired.
3. Experience in public health nursing desired.
4. One-year experience working with the elderly or frail population required.
5. Ability to work as part of multidisciplinary team.
6. Two years of acute care experience required (ICU, ER or Critical care) or homecare experience
7. CA Driver's license and be WILLING to drive and travel.
8. CPR certificate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Pet Insurance and additional discounts
Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance