The Video Editor will be responsible for the editorial and finishing of high quality commercial video content. The video editor should be highly proficient in editorial and production workflow for broadcast and web delivery; non-linear editing systems including but not limited to, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro and Avid with the ability to manage high quality editorial in a fast paced deadline-driven environment. The video editor will work directly with creative personel, account coordinators and production personnel. The assistant video editor must be highly organized; be able to thrive under pressure and be proficient in all aspects of post production, including motion graphics and audio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize Media Catalog to creative the best editorial product possible to meet client needs and goals.
- Must have strong sense of editorial, story flow and aesthetic design.
- Must have strong organizational skills with a high level of self-motivation, technical aptitude.
- Work with creative professionals and collaborate with professionalism.
- Ability to work with a tapeless workflow and utilize a large a digital video archive.
- Preparing media files to be shared across multiple platforms, including but not limited to, approval processes, sharing media between multiple programs (Adobe Creative Suite, Avid Protools), final archival and delivery outputs.
- Utilize and maintain a large media asset management database, understanding meta tag schemes, and video codecs for delivery and archival.
- Offer innovative or creative ideas that add value to video projects.
- Prepare and compile video files for creative and executive personnel to be used for presentations to client and potential business opportunities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Profciency in Cinema 4D a strong plus
- Candidate must be a creative and enthusiastic solution-oriented team player
- Superior project management, organizational, prioritization, and follow-up skills
- Coordinate project delivery needs with other internal teams
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and with multiple deadlines
- Ability to adapt easily to suit the needs associated with a national advertising agency.
- Proficient in knowledge and understanding of different video codecs and best practices associated with them.
EDUCATION AND FORMAL TRAINING:
- Vocational Degree or Bachelor’s degree in video related field or equivalent work experience (3-4 years).
- Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Extended hours as well as weekend work may be required.
Job Type: Contract
- Video Editing: 3 years (Required)