This position has management responsibility for the day-to-day operation of a Restaurant facility that serves proprietary and/or brand food products and beverages. The Restaurant Manager is in charge of the facility and is responsible for the business unit’s sales, profitability, expense control, inventory, customer service, safety and conditions. Emphasis is placed on customer service, supervision of staff, and operating within the scope of Company and/or brand policies and standards and applicable laws. This position reports directly to the District Manager.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer Satisfaction: Promotes a positive work environment and maintains excellent employee, customer and community relations.
- Facility Condition: Inspects Restaurant supplies, equipment and dining and work areas to ensure proper standards of cleanliness, safety, maintenance and operation.
- Merchandising: Implements Restaurant programs in accordance with Company and/or brand and regulatory standards.
- Competition: Monitors changes in local market. Reports concerns and makes recommendations to District Manager to enhance or maintain sales.
- Sales Controls: Follows and enforces Company sales control policies and procedures by ensuring employees are trained to scan or ring in all transactions at the time of purchase at the correct price, to use the correct keys/codes, to place all payments collected in the register and to make the correct change.
- Financial Controls: Monitors records and analyses operating reports (budget, sales, margin, cash, labor, product usage and variance, inventory, etc.); identifies opportunities for improvement and implements plans to increase sales and profitability.
- Staffing Controls: Directly supervises the activities of 2 or more full-time employees which may include Assistant Manager(s), Shift Supervisor(s) and Restaurant Associate(s); may supervise maintenance personnel or retail store employees assigned to the Restaurant unit.
- External/Internal Controls: Follows and enforces all government requirements, health and safety codes, food brand inspection standards, and the Company policies, procedures and standards that apply to the conduct of business. Seeks guidance from District Manager about legal questions or obligations.
- Security Controls: Maintains a safe environment for employees and customers and protects Company assets including information, cash, product, equipment and property.
- Administrative Controls: Completes all periodic operating reports and transmits/forwards to Support Center and brand partners when required.
- Knowledge of basic business and customer service principles including planning and organizing, resource management and leadership skills.
- Ability to listen, understand and explain information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner.
- Ability to recruit, select, train, motivate and lead a team of employees to maintain a profitable, efficient, customer-focused operation.
- Physical Demands: Work requires frequent standing and walking; occasional to frequent bending, stooping or crouching; frequent lifting/carrying of up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting/carrying of up to 50 pounds; and occasional climbing and descending ladders.
- Working Conditions: Work requires 50 hours per week and can include hours on all shifts, week-ends and holidays. Tasks are generally performed indoors in a temperature-controlled setting but can include exposure to extreme temperatures (both hot and cold), vapors/fumes/food odors, high humidity, noise and household chemicals for short periods routinely and longer periods occasionally. Work may include exposure to high temperature grease, grill/steam units, knives, slicers and slippery floors.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Term Life and AD&D plans
- 401(k) (FT &1+ years of service)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Discount Meal plan
- Holiday pay
- Short Term Disability
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- restaurant management: 2 years (Preferred)
- driver's license (Required)
- Serv Safe certificate (Preferred)