** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE JOB DESCRIPTION BEFORE APPLYING, TO MAKE SURE YOU MEET THE REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE **
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED EXPERIENCE BELOW
** This position is in the Telecom / Cable Industry, working in the Central Office, Cell Sites, and/or Headend environments. Please do NOT apply unless you meet the minimum skills/qualifications/experience outlined below. **
Position requiring experience as an Installation Technician. Report to installation management and provide daily job status to project management. Experience in the telephone equipment system environment and/or cable industry including engineering and installation of Ironwork, Site Conditioning, DC Power, Batteries, Common Systems, Transport/Facilities, Digital Switch and all phases of complex AC wiring with emphasis on safety and quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Must be able to follow direction/instructions, and read & understand customer standards.
- Ability to run DC Power cables between power plant and network equipment.
- Strip, lug, terminate and fan out any cable.
- Understand what size lugs go with what type of cable. * Understand what tool/crimper is used for what lug/cable. * Understand and use color code.
- Strip, lug, terminate and fan out cable.
- Maintain a safe and hazard free work area.
- Meet all customer security requirements.
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with Customers, Supervisor and Co-workers
- Provide job progress reports to supervisor on status of job, material shortages, customer complaints, and unsafe or inoperable tools.
- Perform any required cable and installation testing prior to turn over to Lead.
- Understand basic battery types, network equipment, power plants, UPS equipment.
- Wire wrap and punch-down connections .
- Category 5e cable connections accurately.
- Read and understand basic installation drawings and specifications.
- Perform basic Midtronics/Fluke and other testing and reporting.
- Perform accurate battery strapping, torquing and marking.
- Understand what tools are needed for each job before job starts.
- Accurately label all cables/equipment.
** LEVEL 4 TECHNICIANS ONLY **
In addition to the above experience, Technician must have the following experience:
- Strong management skills, strong engineering skills, complete projects on time and on budget.
- Exercises independent judgment of the standard for working on live power safely.
- Preferably 5+ years' experience in power transition work including the addition and remove of circuits on working power plants and BDFB & PDU's and ability to troubleshoot down to component l level on equipment such as power plants, fuse panels, batteries, etc.
- Utilizes hand tools, test equipment and turn up, perform hardware adds and/or upgrades.
- Site surveying and job walking experience
- Experience in performing all AC and DC work, reading Power Plant voltages.
- Perform as the professional point of contact person at all MOP meetings and with customer designated contacts, if assigned.
- Experience performing and reading power plant voltages.
- Identify new opportunities and communicate to management.
- Requires excellent verbal, written communication skills & customer relation skills.
- Must be able to provide high level of quality customer service to perform as the company's professional liaison during job installation.
- Must be able to complete Field Service Reports within a timely manner.
- Requires knowledge of equipment, manufacturer's specifications, estimation experience and job walking is a must.
- Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiatives.
- Must be able to perform repeated bending & lifting of up to 100lbs during certain procedures
- Manage job scope of work changed using Job Information Memorandum (JIM) procedure, or the customer JIM procedure. Must be able to provide necessary pro-active recommendations to clients.
- Never approve or perform customer unauthorized work "out of scope".
- Knowledge of general computer hardware & software applications.
- Factory training or experience on standard industry power plant and battery manufacturer equipment.
- Determining/calculating cable sizing, rectifying cleaning and thorough knowledge of Telcordia, TP and Customer Standards.
- Candidate must be willing to work nights & weekends, and be willing to travel, when necessary.
SKILL, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAITS REQUIRED:
- AA/BS degree in Electrical and/or Electronics from an accredited college or university, or equivalent training on the job or military.
- Minimum of two years OEM experience or five years of progressively difficult experience in DC power installation, maintenance and repair.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting, as well as updating, complex technical instructions, plans blueprints, and schematic diagrams.
- Heavy experience in the telephone equipment system environment and/or cable industry including engineering and installation of Ironwork, Strong Engineering Skills, Site Conditioning, DC Power, Batteries, Common Systems, Transport/Facilities, Digital Switch and all phases of complex AC wiring with emphasis on safety and quality.
- Minimum of 6 years related experience in Central Office installation environment, minimum 5 years related experience in DC Power installation, including Power Plant and 12V and 2V batteries. Minimum of 3 years management of multiple crews in Central Office, Cell Site and /or Headend environment.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex electrical systems, perform damage assessments, estimate maintenance, parts, and manpower requirements, diagnose malfunctions, and employ testing and inspection techniques. * Common Telecom Manufacturer equipment certifications.
** Resume must be submitted when responding to this job posting. ****
Candidate must successfully pass background and drug testing.
** Must have current drive license and auto insurance.
employment type: *full-time*
Positions available in Sacramento, Bay, and Los Angeles Basin regions.
*** NO RECRUITERS ***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1.00 /year