Incumbent is responsible for a number of functions within the ASC.
- Coordinate quarterly Health and Wellness events and committee.
- Conduct new hire EHS training.
- Industrial Hygiene - Perform testing and follow up on results and action plans.
- Incident reporting – Enter data into database, liaise with corporate EHS, lead investigations and root cause analysis.
- Behavioral Based Safety - Manage program for the ASC.
- Safety Committee - Organize and run the monthly committee meetings.
- Ergonomics - Lead ergonomics effort in ASC.
- Coordinate physicals, conduct EHS training, conduct audits/assessments for JSA, LOTO, PPE and other safety requirements.
- Monitor contractors and conduct contractor safety training as needed.
- Hazardous waste - Manage the transportation for hazardous waste, coordinate universal waste.
- Manage site EHS procedures and update on eManual system.
- Create and update production department work instructions, SOP, visual work aids.
- Create new process documents for all new production processes.
- Update site communication boards daily/weekly/monthly.
- Assist with 5S documentation and audits.
- Assist to close work orders in the absence of Operations Planning personnel.
- Assist Operations team with new employee onboarding and training.
- Maintain all employee badges and issue to new employees.
- Process improvement coordinator.
- Lean analysis.
- Other ad hoc projects.
Incumbent must be able to communicate and work with all departments and all levels of management and employees within the SBU. Accountable for meeting goals and initiatives of the ASC Dallas.
This position requires the use of, or access to, information subject to the
International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Accordingly, only U.S. Citizens, Green Card holders and political asylees or refugees are eligible to apply.
Experience and Education
H igh school degree required. Previous experience in manufacturing and EHS is necessary.
Functional and Technical Skills
Must be able to multi-task and have good communication and interpersonal skills. Strong leadership and problem solving skills are required. Must be able to effectively read, write and communicate in English.
PPG: We protect and beautify the world.
At PPG, we work every day to develop and deliver the paints, coatings and materials that our customers have trusted for more than 130 years. Through dedication and creativity, we solve our customers’ biggest challenges, collaborating closely to find the right path forward. With headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate and innovate in more than 70 countries. We serve customers in construction, consumer products, industrial and transportation markets and aftermarkets. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
Why join us:
With PPG, you will find meaning in your work every day, and engage in opportunities that will shape you, personally and professionally.
- Your personal strengths will empower you to succeed and make an impact from day one.
- You will be inspired to learn and grow, and to get the support you need to identify and achieve your boldest career aspirations.
- Your passion to excel will be fueled by your connection to world-class partners, industry experts, the best and brightest colleagues, and future forward technologies.
- Your contributions will not only meet the challenges of our global customers, but help theme propel their industries forward.
- You will be welcomed into a culture where everyone’s ideas and contributions are valued and encouraged.
Just like you, we are driven to make a difference in our world.
PPG prides itself on the quality of its employees and as such, candidates who receive a job offer will be required to successfully pass a hair drug/toxins test and a background check.
PPG offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. PPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You may request a copy of PPG’s affirmative action plan by emailing email@example.com .
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links: