POSITION SUMMARY: MIB is bringing innovation to the life insurance industry. If you enjoy architecting cutting edge technology solutions and also evolving legacy platforms to modern software architectures, then this position is for you. We are undergoing an Agile and DevOps transformation and would like you to join us and help us get there. You will bring your software architecture and development experience with a data focus to help us build stable, secure, and performant solutions using modern technologies and designs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Education: BSCS, MSCS Preferred
- Experience: 5+ years architecting enterprise solutions
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Design and document architectural solutions for MIB’s various product offerings.
- Recommend architectural and implementation best practices.
- Participate in tool, library, and component review process.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and Developers to implement technical solutions.
- Be a technical expert in current technologies.
- Experienced with Java based technology stacks.
- Communicate technical design to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to software development, QA, or other capabilities as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Must be knowledgeable in the latest software design and development methodologies, programming languages and tools and be able to apply this knowledge to achieve effective Software Architecture solutions.
- Strong interest in data, data analytics, and related tools to help business users gain critical insights.
- Desired technical skills:
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Information Architecture and Data Analytics
- Database design and modeling
- ETL and data movement
- Machine learning
- Data visualization tools
- Search technologies such as Elasticsearch and Lucene
- RDBMS and NoSQL Data Stores
- Framework-based design
- Component-based design
- RESTful services
- Cloud technology solutions
- Containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Agile practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Security best practices
- Microservices design
- Performance tuning
- Front end tools and practices
- Software design patterns
- HIPAA, SOC2 compliance
- Required Soft Skills:
- Effectively collaborate in a team environment
- Lifelong learner
- Mentor other engineers/developers
- Participate in the development of technical standards
- Skilled in documenting software architectures
- Excellent communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Enterprise Architecture: 1 year (Preferred)