Function as a coordinator between offices of care and the patient to ensure continuity and compliance with identified opportunities for optimum health. This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Through direct communication with patients, ensure access to the health center’s services when appointments are missed or overdue.
- Participate in Patient Centered Medical Home as directed.
- Ensure that all records collected, processed, entered and filed are done so in a timely, accurate manner._
- Ensure and uphold the confidentiality requirements of all patient records, and manage all daily tasks and activities consistent with HIPAA, state and federal laws and regulations, and the clinical policies and regulations regarding confidentiality and security._
- Develop and ensure effective, positive relationships within and among the clinical staff, patients, vendors, contractors, and related resources.
Stewardship and Professionalism
- Ensure all actions including outstanding customer service and phone etiquette, job performance, personal conduct and communications represent the organization in a highly professional manner at all times.
- Uphold and ensure compliance with and attention to all corporate policies and procedures, as well as the mission and values of the organization.
PRIMARY TASKS & DUTIES
- Review all schedules daily for uninsured patients in assigned office. Refer these patients to Certified Application Counselors.*
- Receive list of patients requiring appointments.**
- Contact patients requiring appointments; determine barriers for access (transportation, financial, language) daily.**
- Schedule appropriate appointment daily.**
- Collaborate with all office staff for the proper scheduling and appointment type to ensure all services are completed.**
- Coordinate and schedule ancillary services, such as transportation through CHC, Priority Partners, and Shore Transit Etc.**
- Utilize computers, adding machines, fax machines, phones and other related office equipment in the fulfillment of assigned duties.**
- Communicate verbally and/or by writing with staff members, patients and their families.**
- Participate in Patient Centered Medical Home care team as directed by team leader.**
- Ensure all paperwork required for the scheduling/registration process is prepared accurately and timely.**
- Maintain accurate, thorough filling of all paperwork.**
- Participate in meetings and training as required.**
- All other duties as assigned*
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/KEY COMPETENCIES
- Function in a multi-tasking, multiple priorities environment, while maintaining accuracy.
- Communicate with a diverse patient/customer population. Will be required to successfully manage patients and families in often stressful or conflict situations.
- Utilize a wide variety of office technology and tools to collect, enter, process data.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak read, write and understand English.
- Demonstrated “skilled” business office experience.
- Demonstrated success in communication, customer service or working with the general public, preferably in a medical care facility.
- Demonstrated success in managing difficult customer situations.
- Demonstrated success in general computer competence including basic Word and potential to be trained on specific software for patient information, billing and communication.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Ability to interact with computer screen for up to six hours at a time (visual acuity required).
- Must have manual dexterity for use of keyboard. Ability to remain stationary for periods of up to four hours. Ability to communicate via phone, mail and in person to resolve disputes, solve problems, etc.
- Capacity to function in a sometimes stressful, multi-tasking environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 /hour
- Phone Etiquette: 1 year (Preferred)
- Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)