Santa’s Village is full of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at SVAP. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of attitude. Whether you’re serving food, working in an office, maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride, you won’t just be “doing a job.” You’ll be creating memories for our guests that will last a lifetime. Are YOU that kind of person?
Over the years, we’ve created a legacy of delivering unforgettable experiences to our guests. To do so, we needed to create a workplace where our Team Members were effectively working toward a common goal – to become the # 1 Family entertainment destination in the world. Our Sales Manager will use initiative and good judgment, work independently with little supervision, and maintain customer satisfaction.
The Sales Manager at Santa’s Village is responsible for:
- Continuously incorporate new and innovative ideas for special events, selling tactics, group specials, etc.
- Assist with the development of a sales plan and strategy.
- Develop and implement training for a sales team.
- Enthusiastically sell and promote Santa’s Village as a premier destination.
- Seek out major clients and develop a relationship with them.
- Present detailed sales presentations to individuals, groups and committees in person, email, by phone along with other sales mediums.
- Sell pre-approved sponsorship programs as directed.
- Extensive prospect calling.
- Develop, execute and manage all corporate events.
- Build, maintain and effectively manage a healthy sales pipeline, while fostering existing accounts.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Engage in superior customer service by making information and product knowledge readily available through various resources; develop sales collateral and presentations; make product appeal to the target market; develop sales videos, flyers, testimonials, etc.
- Establish calendar of direct-sales efforts that include weekly emails, telephone calls and in-person appointments and meetings when appropriate
- Find innovative and creative ways to sell products to mitigate market or timing conditions
- Research client base to find new types of customers and sell to them accordingly
- Employ negotiating skills and creative selling strategies to close sales
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships and mutually beneficial agreements including post-sale follow up to ensure a satisfactory experience
- Attend designated tradeshows and community events to promote SVAP and develop strong positioning of the park in sales channels
- Maintain customer database.
- Accurately complete and submit all reports in a timely manner.
- Represent SVAP at trade shows, networking events and other related functions to promote SVAP as well as seeking out new events.
- Review and analyze sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established Santa’s Village policies, procedures and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of a Sales Manager successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience in a hospitality or entertainment sales environment with a demonstrated track record of over-achievement.
- Proven ability to develop and initiate strategies for revenue and client count growth as well as expense control.
- Strong understanding of sales.
- Marketing background helpful but not needed
- Experience running and building a sales team.
- Excellent written, verbal and personal interactive skills required.
- Must be well organized with excellent time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- Must poses demonstrated ability to work with minimal direct supervision.
- Maintain extensive park knowledge.
- Must demonstrate an outgoing personality.
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Self-starter with the ability to think creatively.
- Strong people skills to positively interact with customers, employees and guests.
- Computer proficiency in word and excel.
- Prior experience with ACT or other CRM database management software.
- Valid IL Driver’s License.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally when required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and spreadsheets.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the Sales Manager position.
- Frequently (2/3 of the time or more) Sit; talk; use of hands and fingers to grip, pinch, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; repetition-using an input device-a keyboard or mouse-in a steady manner; close vision with or without corrective lens. (Clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) Distance vision with or without corrective lens. (Clear vision at 20 feet or more); color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); ability to maintain concentration/focus (e.g., ability to interpret the work environment and make decisions on predetermined operating policies and procedure).
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) Stand; walking for prolonged periods; hearing audible alarms, voice commands with background noise; climb stairs/ladders; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; reach, pull, push with hands and arms above head; reach, pull, push with hands and arms below head; repeating motions more than twice per minute; lifting up to 10 pounds with control; pushing up to 20 pounds with control; peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an individual will encounter while performing the essential functions of the Sales Manager.
- Occasionally (1/3 of the time or less) will require the use of a motorized company vehicle or a leased or personal vehicle for company business; will require a valid Illinois state driver’s license.
- Occasionally (2/3 of the time or less) Ability to work indoors, sitting at a desk utilizing a computer or phone.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift