We are seeking a welder/fabricator to join our growing organization. In this position, you will work on-site and in-house to complete jobs on time and
You will lay out, fit, and fabricate metal components to assemble structural forms using knowledge of welding techniques, metallurgy, and engineering requirements. Maintaining diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, subassemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Use powered saws, hand shears, and/or chipping knife when necessary.
- Use portable grinder, hand file, and/or scraper when necessary.
- Use precision measuring tools to inspect grooves and angles.
- Maintain proper equipment; repair when needed.
- Weld parts in flat, vertical, and/or overhead positions.
- 3 + years of welding experience
- Tools are a plus
- Authorized to work in the US
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: Up to $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off
Weekly day range:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brooklyn, NY 11208: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Welding: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person