In search of a very ambitious, aggressive show runner to build-fast paced, compelling live-audience show.
Required experience includes how to craft, structure, produce, operate etc. a show is similar to Jerry Springer, Oprah.. A live audience talk show with featured guests. Very passionate, lively and high energy.
Outstanding communication skills, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced news and research environment.
Above all, producer must be smart, hungry, organized, adaptable, and self-motivated.
- Pitch and execute viscerally creative and innovative spins and original ideas that our viewers will relate to
- Communicate needs effectively with Associate Producers, Bookers, and Production Assistants
- Write dynamic teases; Fast and accurate writing
- Arrange and create story placement, graphics, writing, and all other editorial and production elements
- Work collaborativelywith on-air talent, host, guests, and director to ensure show is executed properly
- Help lead editorial planning and direction of the show
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. politics, international politics, and current affairs.
- Exceptional editorial judgment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
- Work under intense deadline pressures
- Contribute to social media as needed
- Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live-show
- Scour national and international media for stories that resonate with audience
- Work with stakeholders on budget and production expectations
- Field pitches from show team
- Directly supervise story editor, hosts, producers and post-production
- Manage show team to deliver episodes on a production schedule
- Experience with and enthusiasm for crowdsourcing and the YouTube community
- Understanding of what makes a great video and excitement about the role of video in the future of journalism
- Creative drive to explore brand new approaches to media
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $250.00 to $1,000.00 /day
Full Time Opportunity: