At Trafficware, a Cubic Transportation Systems company, we are passionate about moving people safely and efficiently. We deliver integrated systems for transportation and traffic management, providing tools for travelers to choose the smartest and easiest way to travel and pay for their journeys, while enabling transportation authorities and agencies to manage demand across the entire transportation network – all in real-time.
Our parent company, Cubic, provides innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Trafficware / Cubic.
Job Summary: Oversees software engineering projects ensuring conformance with plans, policies, procedures, budgets and schedules. Establishes and interprets plans, objectives, policies and procedures. Assists in the development of overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. This position provides technical consultation. Plans, conducts and technically directs and tracks progress of projects. Develops and administers budgets, schedules and performance standards. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the plans, designs, and development of software programs
- Monitors the development of software requirements and software specifications
- Supports engineering program reviews and audits
- Manages software engineering staff; motivates, delegates, coaches and trains subordinates
- Assigns projects to software managers and prepares personnel to take on progressively higher levels of responsibility in the Department
- Provides guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and Company policies
- Establishes and monitors work priorities and schedules
- Manages exempt employees in performance of work, conducts performance evaluations and recommends salary adjustments and personnel actions to include hiring, discipline, recognition and termination
- Responsible for cost and schedule performance of all sub-cost center activities
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of the departmental budget
- Acts as liaison with other managers and customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, or contractual clarification
- Acts as an advisor to staff on all matters related to meeting schedules or resolving technical or cost problems
- Ensures conformance with configuration management documentation requirements including engineering change proposal submittals
- Maintains control of costing information including project authorizations, status reporting and subcontract acquisition
- Oversees the analysis of new software and hardware compatibility
- Conducts briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
- Participates in customer contract negotiations
- Directs fact-finding in support of proposal development, to include cost and schedule estimates
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and new techniques
- Shows commitment to company values, ethics, safety, security, labor charging, and quality
- Participates in total quality management/continuous process improvement teams
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related technical discipline, plus ten years of related experience, including supervisory experience within an Agile environment. Experience to include software development/engineering, developing state-of-the-art computer software, exercising creativity in technical direction and successful strategy development. Ability to interpret technical contract requirements. Requires proficiency using programming languages such as C/C++/.NET or other developmental software. Ability to use PC software such as word processing, database, spreadsheet and flowchart, and computer aided software engineering (CASE) tools. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing, interface with customers, subcontractors and vendors, and deal with employees and managers at all levels in manufacturing, engineering and other departments. Must be able to solve complex and difficult engineering problems. Knowledge of customer needs and competing products desirable. Ability to analyze and solve complex and difficult software engineering problems. Able to prioritize work and complete multiple tasks under deadline and budget guidelines. In-depth knowledge of the SEI Capability Maturity Model (CMM). In-depth knowledge of ISO processes. Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. Strong presentation skills preferred. Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance if necessary.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Preferred)
- Will you require Visa sponsorship now or in the near future?
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative