Full Job Description
Berkshire Sterile Manufacturing (BSM) in Lee, Massachuestts provides individuals the opportunity to pursue a career at a fast-paced, industry leading and entrepreneurial contract manufacturing organization (CMO) within the biotech and pharmaceutical industries.
Exciting compensation and benefits package including day one health insurance, 401(k), onsite subsidized day care, tuition reimbursement and more!
As an experienced manufacturing manager, you will lead a team of supervisors and technicians in the aseptic filling of sterile, injectable biological products. This is often a hands on role working closely with your team. You will report directly to the VP of Manufacturing.
- Plan, schedule and assign tasks in support of the production calendar. ·
- Supervise supervisors and technicians and provide timely feedback. ·
- Look for opportunities to increase recruitment and retention rates on shift. ·
- Work closely with team members in charge of formulation and equipment set up. ·
- Ensure personnel follow all safety requirements, SOPs, and work in compliance with all regulatory requirements. ·
- Create, update, and report out on department metrics. ·
- Facilitate training which builds technical competencies within the team.
- Quality management systems
- Contract manufacturing
- Supervisory skills
- Business planning, scheduling and resource allocation.
- Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships and influence and/or enforce decisions with peers and management. · Ability to build trust and respect.
- Prioritizing and balancing workload
- Desire to learn and develop within the organization.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Flexibility to support team and department objectives.
Education and Experience
- BS in a technical field or post-secondary Trade School/Technical Institute education. ·
- Minimum of 2 years experience leading pharmaceutical production operations,
- 3-10 years' experience preferred ·
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Physical Requirements ·
- Ability to remain stationary/ standing for prolonged periods of time as required. ·
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally, up to 10 lbs. frequently. ·
- Ability to meet gowning requirements. ·
- Satisfactory audio-visual acuity. ·
- Gross and fine motor skills to manipulate tools.
Job Type: Full-time
- related: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply