Cadia Healthcare Maryland is the operator of five skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities in Maryland. We are currently looking for a dynamic candidate to lead the central in-take admissions team. The ideal candidate should have long-term care admissions experience. This is a salaried position with performance bonus opportunity.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure Census in all Facilities are within the budget
- Oversees the Central Intake Office and ensures process and polices are followed.
- Designs and implements a marketing plan which educates the community, healthcare agencies, discharge planners, social workers, physicians, etc. about the facility with the purpose of encouraging and expanding the referral base. The focus of the director of admissions and central intake should predominantly be the adult geriatric population.
- Creates and upholds a strong referral base through relationships and direct communication with agencies and physicians.
- Evaluates clients for admissions who require medical and therapeutic services for which we are licensed and certified to provide by the state of Maryland.
- Determines and authenticates payment source for all referrals; oversees and assist to referral specialist to establish and verifies payment sources of prospective clients.
- Works with referring physicians, hospitals, agencies, families, interested parties or legal representatives to gather information pertaining to perspective clients.
- Completes all necessary documents for admissions and discuss all issues as outlined prior admission.
- Oversees the Coordination of admissions with all parties to ensure a smooth transition, approvals and others for the residents to all Cadia Facilities
- Coordinates with Admission Concierges to warrant that resident rooms are ready, as well equipment needed is set prior admission.
- Admits new residents upon successful completion of pre-admissions procedure and according to policies
- Follow denial process when necessary and all cases that apply.
- Makes autonomous judgments on admission and serves as decision maker/support for referral specialist
- Maintains a clear knowledge of the clinical capabilities of all centers and ensures process is up to date.
- Appropriately using documentation tools for referral management and converting referrals into potential admissions
- Manages all Online Referral Systems, and ensures response time with timely matter as well keep control of conversion ratio from referrals to admission.
- Manages CRM system to general reports requires to analyze referral data.
- Approval of Census while ensuring proper documentation on Clinical and Financial System , due to daily and weekly audits
- Conducts weekly audits to ensure Process and Procedures are being followed by Admission Concierges; consent of treatment audits, Admission Contracts, Census vs NTT, Census vs ECS.
- Participates and assist in Marketing events in community as well as hospital and other venues.
- Participates in necessary meetings and conferences within the different Cadia Facilities.
- Works closely with marketing Director and Liaisons to analysis referral data and generate reports that will serve to improve census focus.
This is an Exempt level position that carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable employment laws.
Education and/or Experience
A bachelor's degree in marketing, healthcare or related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience in the healthcare or marketing field is acceptable.
To read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Directors, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Customer Service Skills
Ability to deliver excellent customer service experience to all external customers and maintain a positive work environment with all employees.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.