Job Title: Executive Director, Coalition of New York State Health Homes
Reports To: Board of Directors
The Coalition of New York State Health Homes is a New York not-for-profit 501c3 corporation that seeks to improve the health and lives of all individuals served in Health Homes by enabling providers to deliver the highest quality, most cost-effective care management to all. Since its inception, the Health Home Coalition has incorporated almost every Health Home in New York State into our membership. Health Homes throughout New York State have been an integral part of Medicaid reform and our efforts have contributed to the success of many promising practices in Medicaid care management. Health Homes are an essential component of any integrated delivery systems and are a Federal model that continues to flourish across the country. Care management is an acknowledged foundation for value-based payment arrangements. Health Homes in New York serve approximately 200,000 of the most complex individuals enrolled in Medicaid annually.
As Executive Director you will provide leadership and strategic vision to advance the mission, goals, and objectives of the Health Home Coalition under the guidance of the Board of Directors. You will provide operational oversight of the critical tasks performed across the organization. You will help the organization in this pivotal stage of evolution to continue to grow, advocate for the sustainability of care management services and ensure that NYS Health Homes are positioned for long term success in the changing New York landscape including strategically, financially, and operationally.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities for strategic partnership, expanding and diversifying revenue and working collaborative with members, advocates and other key stakeholders across the country to achieve the Coalition’s advocacy agenda.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director include:
- Overseeing the development and ongoing operation of the Health Home Coalition in accordance with the mission, vision, goals, and objectives of the organization as laid out by the Board of Directors;
- Working closely with State partners and policymakers to enact effective financing and policies to support the long-term success of Health Home Care Management in New York
- Directing the strategic planning process and ensuring achievement of strategic goals and objectives;
- With guidance and support from the Board of Directors, establishing and maintaining systems and procedures for and/or oversee and manage the organization’s executive functions.
- Ensuring that the Health Home Coalition remains financially viable, remaining within the approved budget while ensuring that the organization has the resources to meet current needs and projected growth;
- Developing effective policies and procedures and systems to ensure compliance with all appropriate federal and state regulatory requirements;
- Overseeing marketing and networking activities for the Health Home Coalition to enhance the brand in service to advocacy efforts;
- Creating a dynamic organizational culture that attracts allies and partners both statewide and nationally
- Maintaining current knowledge of NYS service systems including health, behavioral health and social services, managed care, care management models, value-based payments, population health, accountable care organizations (ACOs), Medicaid reform in New York State, and other related matters;
- Developing and maintaining cooperative and collaborative working relationships with providers, payers, policymakers, peers, and other stakeholders;
- Managing vendors including accountants, lobbyists, lawyers and others needed to support the operations of the Coalition;
- Representing the Health Home Coalition to the public, various constituencies and stakeholders, health care organizations, professional associations, payers, governmental agencies, and other entities; and
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Executive Director candidate qualifications include:
- Graduate degree in public policy, business, management, finance, public health, social work, health care, or related field;
- Minimum of 5-8 years of professional experience with progressive growth in responsibilities in a senior management role of a high-growth organization (preference given to nonprofit experience);
- Demonstrated experience with legal, audit, compliance, finance, accounting, budget, and resource development;
- Knowledge of the relevant NYS service systems, managed care, value-based payments, population health, the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) program, and other related matters;
- Proven ability to lead, plan, and manage a non-profit advocacy organization
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability to execute and bring projects to completion as well as the ability to identify problems and independently design and implement solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize as necessary;
- Sense of humor, integrity, impeccable work ethic;
- Inspirational leadership ability;
- Superior written and interpersonal communication skills are required;
- Computer proficiency, with experience in Microsoft Office;
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with all stakeholders: members, network providers, partners and government agencies, with some relationships already established;
- Some knowledge of Health Homes, preferred;
- Care Management Advocacy experience, preferred;
- Trade Association experience, preferred;
- Willingness to register as a lobbyist in New York State'
- Ability to travel statewide and spend a significant amount of time in both Albany and New York City as well as attending events and holding meetings Statewide.
The Health Home Coalition is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
The Health Home Coalition offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter to the attention of Meggan Schilkie.
To learn more about Health Home Coalition, visit our website at www.hhcoalition.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00 to $135,000.00 /year
- Advocacy: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply