Full Job Description
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The applicant will join the Securities Division Quantitative Strategies Quant Team to works as part of the Interest Rates Options Derivative modeling team. Additionally, we are looking for candidates with programming/development background to support the modeling libraries and work closely with technology to integrate and support them into production.
- Develop derivative quantitative models, implement these models in a cross asset model library, and produce high quality model documents that satisfy model validation and regulatory requests
- Collaborate with and support Front office Trading, Technology Partners, and Model Validation/Governance teams
- BAU desk pricing, planning and analytics support. This includes desk communication and prioritization, understanding business needs, communicate strongly and be able to interact with a number of external groups effectively: Model Validation, Market Risk, etc
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
5+ years of experience in capital markets, industry experience within the specific sector of the position, or a combination of both
2+ years of derivatives experience
3+ years of C++ experience
3+ years of quantitative development experience
1+ year of structured products experience
Master s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business, social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis
3+ years of front office derivatives Quant model experience
Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Knowledge of financial mathematics, such as stochastic calculus
Knowledge of capital market and derivatives products