DSD - Digital Smile Design - is currently seeking a talented, driven and ambitious Education Event Coordinator with experience to join our team. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, young organization with ability to grow your career as the company grows. Our events occur both on and off site, and the Education Event Coordinator will have the responsibility of managing all events for the organization in North America. A successful candidate will be extremely organized and be able to manage the logistics of multiple events simultaneously.
Event Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues.
- Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients.
- Organize facilities and manage all event’s details such as decor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material etc
- Strong knowledge of venues and vendor offerings while taking clients on tours of venue possibilities.
- Coordinating event entertainment, including cocktail receptions, music, performers, and guest speakers.
- Attentive to the value of staying under budget while planning event specifications.
- Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive financial reports.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event.
- Anticipating and planning for possible different scenarios.
- Creating sales opportunities for future events during client liaisons and during events.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to present event ideas and plans to client and vendors.
Event Coordinator Requirements and Qualifications
- Degree in event planning or marketing preferred.
- Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- English - Spanish bilingual is a must.
DSD is a tech start up, so be ready for a super flexible, fast growing environment.
We have offices in Madrid, Miami, Liverpool, Shanghai and Sao Paulo. Lots of opportunities to travel and grow inside the company.