Full Job Description
The New York City Department of Investigation (DOI) is one of the oldest law enforcement agencies in the country with a mission of combating municipal corruption. It serves the people of New York City by acting as an independent and nonpartisan watchdog for New York City government, City agencies, and City employees, vendors with City contracts, individuals and entities that receive City funds.
The selected candidate will be an administrative assistant on an Integrity Monitorship for a capital construction project of NYC Department of Environmental Protection. The candidate will provide administrative support to the Deputy Inspector General and other staff. Duties will include drafting correspondence, scheduling meetings, maintaining and organizing records, answering telephones, greeting persons and directing them to appropriate personnel, receptionist duties, tracking and responding to email correspondence, inputting intakes into DOI's Case Management System (CMS), opening and closing cases, updating case information in CMS. Maintaining statistical data for the monitorship. The candidate will be required to report to DOI's satellite location in Marlboro, NY.
If selected, the candidate will be fingerprinted and undergo a background investigation.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" above.
1. Strong interpersonal skills.
2. Strong writing and editing skills.
3. Highly detail-oriented.
4. Strong organizational skills and proven ability to manage time efficiently, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
5. Knowledge, demonstrated interest, and/or prior work experience in any of the following fields: investigation, law enforcement, criminal justice, or public service.
6. Ability to maintain confidential information and manage multiple time sensitive projects.
All current City Employees may apply by going to Employee Self Service (ESS) http://cityshare/ess then click on Recruiting Activities/Careers and Search for the specific Job ID#. 410794
All other applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/career/search and search for the specific Job ID#. 410794
Please do not email, mail or fax your resume to DOI directly. Submissions of resumes does not guarantee an interview.
Due to the high volume of resumes DOI receives for positions, only selected candidates will be contacted.
Appointments are subject to Office of Management & Budget approval for budgeted headcount.
The City of New York is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to a policy of non-discrimination. We are committed to recruiting a diverse and inclusive talent pool.
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment, however, New York City residency is NOT required for this position. Candidate may reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.