Business Group Highlights
The Defense group supports the Department of Defense (DoD) mission to keep our homeland and its citizens safe. We provide solutions to improve the Nation's defense by providing software, systems engineering, IT, training and logistics and fleet management solutions.
Determines the compute, network, and storage infrastructure in AWS Cloud environments including the commercial AWS and the AWS GovCloud that is required to satisfy program or project requirements. Builds cost estimates for environments using AWS provided tools. Provisions compute, network, and storage infrastructure in AWS Cloud environments including the commercial AWS and the AWS GovCloud. Is knowledgeable of services offered by AWS in the commercial and in the GovCloud environments.
- Designs enhancements, updates, and changes to the AWS environments to meet program requirements
- Modifies compute, networks, and/or storage parameters and any other AWS related offerings as needed to fulfill program needs
- Documents designs and changes to environments in Jira and/or Confluence as a record and to communicate information to other
- Works on cross functional self-organizing teams as needed to collaborate in solving IT issues or implementing solutions to program requirements
- Collaborates and communicates with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding all aspects of system
- Represents the systems team for all phases of complex development projects
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience
- AWS Cloud Architect certification
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledgeable about AWS infrastructure offerings.
- Knowledgeable about AWS service offerings.
- Familiar with AWS billing and tools used to determine accrued costs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate technical information to managers
AWS Certified Solution Architect
Comp TIA Sec+
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple:
never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).