Job no: 495032
Full Time Regular
Responsible for helping the Bank achieve its fair lending goals by reviewing credit decisions to ensure the Bank treats consumers consistently and in a non-discriminatory manner. Primary responsibilities will be to conduct fair lending analyzes and serve as an ambassador and subject matter expert to the Bank and it's business units.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts comprehensive Fair Lending file reviews to ensure consumers are treated consistently.
- Under the oversight of the Director of Fair Banking, the incumbent analyzes both forward and reverse mortgages to ensure consumers are treated in a non-discriminatory manner that does not consider race, age, ethnicity, gender, and other factors prohibited by law.
- Utilizes fair lending software to conduct risk-based underwriting, pricing, and steering comparative file reviews, marketing and redlining analyses, as well as forensic file reviews. Reports the results of the reviews to business units and executive leadership and oversees any corrective action identified by the reviews, such as consumer remediation and strengthening internal controls.
- Interacts and collaborates with business units by establishing and maintaining effective relationships with senior leadership, mortgage originators, and operational staff.
- Provides subject matter expertise to research and resolve fair lending questions.
- Leverages file review experience to provide insight that lowers fair lending risks.
- Reviews marketing materials for compliance with fair lending laws, regulatory expectations, and industry best practices.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Fair Lending Business Analyst essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The senior level has variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- Strong knowledge of Equal Credit Opportunity Act, Fair Housing Act, Inter-agency Fair Lending Examination Procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze loan data and communicate results and recommendations to decision makers clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability developing and sustaining effective and collaborative business relationships.
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheet software, graphics and job-related software (Fair LendingWiz). Strong keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Ability to work independently and complete multiple and diverse projects simultaneously.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Jul 27, 2018 09:00 AM Central Daylight Time