Smart City began more than 30 years ago and has evolved into the nation’s leading telecommunication provider for convention centers and meeting facilities. We manage the technology services for more than 3,000 events annually, including virtually every Fortune 500 Company event and major tradeshow. From auto shows to national political party conventions to world economic summits, Smart City has been on the floor, behind the scenes, and maintaining the connections that enable people to make important things happen.
Today, we proudly employ more than 250 team members nationwide. Our Las Vegas headquarters is home to our national customer service, accounting, and technology teams, along with our Network Operations Center (NOC), which provides Internet security services and remote 24/7 monitoring for our networks.
The Data Operations Professional contributes to the overall success of the company by overseeing the day-to-day management and configuration of the data network equipment and services to our event clients, show management, center administration, vendors, suppliers and permanent tenants.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Works with Operations Manager or General Manager to assign priorities to crews on-site at shows
- Responsible for interacting directly with Show Management and developing a networking solution which utilizes company products and meets customer expectations
- Manages equipment and company assets at assigned facility
- Oversees day-to-day responsibilities for planning and set- up of shows
- Assess need, and resolves issues during installations
- Lead crews at show sites in installation of company services, permanent tenant maintenance, and provides connectivity to switches and/or routers during set -up
- Attend pre-conference meetings with customers
- Support all levels of management by handling other assigned duties
- Responsible for maintaining data infrastructure and equipment
- Responsible for all data equipment inventory
- Demonstrates an ability to multi-task between simultaneous computer applications
- Responsible for leading, directing and delegating work, and motivating other team members
- BS/BA or equivalent experience preferred
- 1-3 years of data equipment/data services programming/ installation/ administration/maintenance
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to interface with facility management, show managers, event clients, vendors and suppliers is essential
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Possess excellent knowledge of physical data networks, both fiber and copper, proper terminations, excellent knowledge of networks (layer 1 and 2, and limited layer 3), Cisco switch configuration and troubleshooting tasks
- Cisco IOS experience
- Knowledge of and troubleshooting ability for 802.11 WiFi networks
- Ability to troubleshoot physical connectivity for both fiber and copper backbones and design layer 2 networks
Desirable: Either a CCNA, CCNP, CWNA, Network+, Security+ certification. Must be able to work weekends.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Smart City Networks will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Smart City Networks is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time