This Technical Leadership role provides the opportunity to be part of a global application delivery team, supporting multiple businesses within and beyond the JPMorgan Corporate Investment Bank (CIB). You will help shape the next generation Margin & Collateral Management platform for CIB. This role will be responsible for building and leading a global team responsible to deliver services to do real-time, straight-through margin calculation and collateral management, integrating with the end to end platform and business process for CIB Markets. You will be involved in all stages of the project life cycle from scoping and design to implementation and operation, applying best practices in engineering to automate the full software development pipeline.
- Guide projects and teams from initiation through implementation, integrating agile development practices with planning, analysis, design, development, and implementation.
- Partner with Business, Operations, Risk, and partner technology teams to deliver the right business outcomes through software solutions.
- Align architecture and implementation with firm-wide business and technology strategic priorities.
- Build and mentor the Margin & Collateral technology team in the Brooklyn location and a global team aligned to your projects.
- Provide continuous coaching and feedback on performance, and develop team members to contribute to their full potential.
- Lead by example by designing, coding and participating in daily scrums.
- Deep experience with real-time, distributed systems in a complex business environment.
- Strong architecture experience with a focus on highly scalable and resilient systems, well-defined interfaces, and logical data models.
- In-depth knowledge of Java, UNIX/LINUX, messaging, service-based architectures, build automation, data modeling, and development using agile methodologies.
- Ability to act as technical design authority on significant components of the platform.
- Proven history of hands-on delivery, ranging from incremental change to greenfield projects.
- Track record of building and managing high-performing, collaborative development teams.
- Adept at mentoring developers, using best practices like pair programming and code reviews.
- Strong communications and documentation skills and a proven history of building relationships.
- College degree, Computer Science preferred.
- Financial Services domain experience, particularly in Collateral and Margin and/or OTC Derivatives.
- Practical experience with technical paradigms such as no-sql data (e.g., Cassandra, Hadoop), micro-services, containers (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), cloud, open source frameworks (e.g., Spring Boot).