Sr. MBSE Systems Engineer (Job Number:
SAIC is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer who is a current Model-Based Engineering practitioner to support a variety of projects in the Defense, Federal Civilian, and/or National Security environment. You will join our highly energized team of solution architects as we deploy innovative solutions to a wide variety of programs that require advanced Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Solutions.
In this position, you will exercise both thought leadership and practical engineering application by leveraging your extensive Systems Engineering and Model-Based Engineering experiences to transform programs from a document-centric approach to a model-based approach to more effectively support our customers and ensure their mission success. You will use your knowledge of systems engineering processes, methods, tools, and program roles to help develop, implement, and deploy Systems Engineering and Integration solutions for use on individual programs and throughout the corporation. You will learn, apply, and continuously improve our current Model-Based SE&I platform to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of SE&I solution usage, and enhance our rapidly growing – and fully supported model-based engineering culture. You will engage with other systems engineers directly supporting programs and foster broader understanding of modeling and assist them in developing Systems Engineering work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Architecture Descriptions, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, etc.
Successful candidate is this position will bring a record of application of systems engineering and MBE methods and creative thought-leadership to mature and develop revolutionary model-based SE&I Solutions across defense, Federal civilian, and national security customer groups. The solutions will consist of process, tools, and people. Information technology knowledge will be helpful. You will engage with the larger community (Industry, Government, and Academia) to stay up to date with latest trends and emerging technologies, approaches, methods, and techniques to further mature and or increase our SEI capabilities. As part of the team, you will be required to mentor other systems engineers on our program teams to fully implement our innovative solutions and standards, as well as providing technical leadership on proposal teams in support of business development activities. Demonstrated effective communications, presentation, and writing skills are required.
- Broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification)
- Intermediate/Advance experience using enterprise modeling tools to model complex systems using SysML, UPDM, BPMN, and/or UAF
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaborate in a dynamic, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
- Experience supporting US Federal Government agencies and processes
- Capable of receiving TS/SCI clearance
- Exposure to multidisciplinary analysis and optimization tools and event based management tool
- Knowledge of DODI 5000.02 and JCIDS process
- Practical experience with IEEE 15288
- INCOSE Certification (ASEP, CSEP, or ESEP) dependent on experience.
- Experience leading SE teams through all phases of the systems engineering lifecycle using MBSE
- Experience or familiarity with Scaled Agile Framework Environment SAFe
- Experience or familiarity with administration of Model Based Engineering tools
- Broad Model-Based Engineering Applications and Technology background (i.e. tools, ontologies, OSLC, internet of things, cyber security, etc.)
- Experience or familiarity with various analytical and decisions aid tools (e.g. MatLab, STK, etc.)
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and eigtheen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and fifteen years or more experience SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Oct 26, 2018, 1:52:34 PM
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: