DNM Architecture is a growing 7 person Sausalito based architecture practice with projects throughout the Bay Area and as far away as The Sea Ranch and southern CA. We are focused on residential work (new homes, multi family, remodels, additions), however about 30% of our current work is commercial and educational. We have a strong interests in modernism, new construction methods and materials, energy efficiency and sustainability.
Our current opening for a detail oriented (i.e. obsessive) person with strong real-world experience in Type V construction, building codes, permitting, quality control, developing construction details and documents, product research and specifications. We prefer experience with ArchiCAD (our CAD platform), but we can train as well (it's easy!).
We offer a great collaborative work environment where everyone potentially works on every project. We're looking for people who are passionate about making great architecture, self-motivated, organized, intellectually curious, and team players. If you think this describes you, we would like to meet you! We offer a competitive salary and a great location in Sausalito... and Fun!
How to Apply / Contact
- Candidates should email a statement of interest and resume. PLEASE no phone calls or drop-ins.
- Please provide educational background, relevant work experience and samples of construction documents or relevant work.
- A professional degree in architecture is preferred, but not required. Real world experience with wood construction and working with codes and building departments is required.
- We are unable to accept applications from candidates without US citizenship, green cards or other long term work authority. We are unable to pay relocation costs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- ArchiCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Architecture or construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply