Title: Pediatric Physician
Schedule: Full-time + Part Time Vacancies
Location: Arlington, VA
Requirements: Board eligibility or certification in Pediatrics and the completion of an appropriate residency program. Completion of Medical Doctorate (MD) or Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) is required. Bilingual in Spanish and English Required.
We are seeking an outstanding BC/BE Pediatric Physician to join our Pediatrics team of doctors that are members of the Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group.The mission of VHC Pediatrics is to provide a medical home for infants, children and adolescents up to age 18 years residing in Arlington households with incomes at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. Our patients are either uninsured or have Virginia Medicaid, and many of our families come from bilingual homes. VHCP is committed to providing excellent comprehensive care that is accessible, continuous, family centered, coordinated, and compassionate. Care is delivered or directed by pediatricians who seek to develop ongoing relationships of mutual responsibility and trust with patients and families.
- As a physician at VHC, you will enjoy the benefits of being a hospital employee and part of a multispecialty group comprised of 100+ members including hospitalists and a wide range of specialists.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are required as well as the desire to be part of a team that functions at the highest level.
- Our highly competitive compensation package includes an excellent base salary plus comprehensive bonus incentives.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance to include flexible working hours and offer a generous benefit package including malpractice coverage, health insurance, life, disability, 401K match, generous CME, relocation assistance (if applicable), as well as other benefits.
- Click here to learn more about VHC, or click on this link to visit our website https://www.vhcphysiciangroup.com/careers/for-physicians/.
- Our practices are state of the art and fully equipped to provide an excellent clinical experience.
- Administration understands that keeping the patient load reasonable for its physicians is essential to realizing the full benefits of our team based approach to care. NPs are members of the care team and assist the physicians with providing excellent care to our patients while maintain a work life balance.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is a top Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2017, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is recognized in Becker's Healthcare "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare | 2018."
- VHC is a 494-bed, licensed, all-private room Hospital.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continue to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested and qualified candidates must complete the online application and psychometric assessment. In addition to completing the application and assessment candidates can also send a copy of their CV to Andrea Bell, Director Physician Services Recruitment at anbell@ virginiahospitalcenter.com.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $90.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location