At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. If you share our passion we likely have the right opportunity for you!
Become a part of Humana At Home’s Nationwide Care Management Organization!
We are seeking Care Managers to staff our Humana At Home programs including transitions and chronic care. This role is responsible for providing continuing care coordination and care management to individuals who have chronic conditions and functional limitations.
- Engage individuals in their home environments and develop and collaborate on care plans to help prevent unnecessary hospitalizations among a vulnerable population.
- Empower members to manage his or her physical, environmental and psycho-social health issues to improve and maintain lifelong wellbeing and remain at home. Our ultimate goal is to improve the health and well-being of those we serve.
- Collaborate with other members of the “care team” including members’ physicians and Humana clinical associates.
Benefits of Joining Our Care Management Network
- Flexible schedule and the opportunity to practice independently with clinical and technical support.
- Network referrals that can help build your Care Management business.
- Create your own case load.
- Opportunity to get CEU credits!
- Minimum 1 year of post graduate relevant complex care management experience
- Active Licensed as Registered Nurse or Social Worker
- Community based or In-Home visit experience
- Experience working with either geriatric, chronically ill and functionally challenged populations
- Ability to use a variety of electronic information applications and web navigation skills
- Access to a secure computer and intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
The Network Field Care Manager In-Home models:
- The 30 Day Transitions Service involves working with the member for 30 days post-discharge from a hospital or sub-acute facility and consists of two in-person Care Management visits with the member; medication reconciliation, coordination with Primary Care Physician (PCP),referral to community resources and ensure adherence to an interdisciplinary plan of care
- Long-Term In-Home Care consists of two in-person Care Management visits a month with the member, coordination with PCP, identification of and advocacy for community and Humana resources and telephonic contact to ensure adherence to treatment plan. In addition to the two-visit program, LTIH includes the High Severity Telephonic Care Management Program consisting of a minimum of two (2) successful telephonic care management calls and other services.
The network consists of leading Care Managers who adhere to training, experience, certification, licensing and insurance standards of clinical excellence. All Care Managers in our network are contractors and are not Humana employees.
Job Type: Contract