We are looking to hire a Junior Software Developer to support requirements gathering, design, implementation, integration, testing, and documentation. This role requires a self-starter who is adept at solving problems, is a collaborative team player and an effective communicator at all levels within an organization.
- Integrate between enterprise systems, such as Geneva, Great Plains, BMS, and Broadridge; write, monitor, and support data transformations and flows between systems; provide first-level development support across systems.
- Support and maintain existing desktop applications, mostly C# .NET and SQL Server, with some additional technologies like WPF, WCF, WebAPI, SOAP, and MSDTC.
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, business partners and other software teams to develop new applications, user interfaces, and features.
- Participate in design sprints to help craft the next version of the user experience.
- Make that user experience world-class by working with process engineers and software quality assurance to ensure low defect rates.
- Execute appropriate coding practices that align with team standards.
- Join cybersecurity training on an as-needed basis and help us implement what you learn from those trainings.
- Be willing to learn new things and share your experience with others.
We prefer you to have a 4-year degree in a related field, or a 4-year degree plus 2 years of relevant professional experience. We believe you will be successful if you are capable of self-motivation and learning new things. You should be able to identify and complete tasks with minimal direction or supervision.
- Be comfortable with or willing to learn C#, the Windows technology stack, and web application development.
- Understand or learn SQL queries; Microsoft SQL Server experience advantageous, but any RDBMS knowledge will be considered.
- Know Git or some other version control and have experience in an Agile environment.
- You should demonstrate understanding of modern platform technologies and industry standard methodologies. It is helpful to know application and data security guidelines, and ways to avoid or fix security issues.
Please provide public source repositories for projects you have worked on, where possible.
FS Investments is a leading asset manager dedicated to helping individuals, financial professionals and institutions design better portfolios. The firm provides access to alternative sources of income and growth and focuses on setting industry standards for investor protection, education and transparency.
FS Investments is headquartered in Philadelphia, PA with offices in New York, NY, Orlando, FL and Washington, DC. The firm had more than $24 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2018. Visit fsinvestments.com to learn more.
FS Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.