- Perform radiography and CT procedures and take additional images/views as directed ensuring quality images and the appropriate care, safety and comfort of the patient.
- Verify electronic orders and ensure correct procedures are being performed.
- Welcome and escort patient to the dressing room, explain procedures and answer patient questions.
- Screen for pregnant patients, ensure proper x-ray patient positioning and use lowest amounts of radiation (ALARA) while maintaining image integrity.
- Assign exams and finalize procedures to the correct radiologist in the corresponding system; i.e.: RIS, PACS
- Maintain accurate patient history and other medical records including, but not limited to QC logs, service records and technologist sheets.
- Ensure proper handling of STAT exams.
- Practice infectious control procedures and ensure overall safety practices at all times including lead shielding and proper wearing of radiation monitoring badge.
- Oversee maintenance and provide troubleshooting of radiography equipment and ensure use of equipment consistent with manufacturer’s instructions and cleaning of cassettes.
- Track, order and maintain related medical supplies.
- Stock and maintain linens properly.
- Keep up with and ensure own work schedule.
Perform other duties as assigned including administrative backup and support.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $23.00 to $30.00 /hour