The purpose of this job is to perform professional accounting activities required in the business operation of the Georgia Lottery Corporation. Duties include, but are not limited to: preparing spreadsheets, auditing accounts, posting in journals and performing additional tasks as assigned by the Manager of Financial Accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares and inputs monthly journal entries in to the GLC’s automated accounting system.
- Prepares various monthly or periodic general ledger account reconciliations for routine to moderate accounting activity.
- Participates, as required, in monthly financial closings and preparation of related financial schedules.
- Tracks, monitors and reconciles various general ledger accounts on a periodic and routine basis.
- Performs accounts payable duties.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required, with a minimum of one year of accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Solid written and verbal communications skills required.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job, may be substituted for required educational degree.
- All applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
Job Type: Full-time
- Full Cycle Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)