SPECIALIST SECURITY OPERATIVE - Military Veterans and Ex Law Enforcement Only
Full time and On call positions available
Our undisclosed, ultra-premium Cannabis Company is seeking dynamic specialist security operatives with military and law enforcement backgrounds with the ability to adapt to various work-paces while always maintaining a high-level of attentiveness and energy. We offer a unique and strong company culture in a professional work environment. More importantly, understanding the threats to the cannabis industry are essential. For the on-call position, you would help fill and cover for any sick days, vacations, and emergencies. It is ideally for those looking for extra work. The role will be based in Long Beach.
Starting pay rate-$25 an hour.
The Specialist Security Operative, under the guidance of the Shift Supervisor, operations and functions in assigned area, emergency response, client liaison, post order compliance reviews and special projects as assigned. They must perform all duties in accordance with client policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations. Respond in a timely manner to emergent events, issues, staffing deficiencies, and client requests. Then initiate preliminary investigations and write incident reports on all internal personnel issues. All specialist security operatives are required to operate as a high-performance team working towards a common goal; to keep safety of all employees.
- Watch for unusual activity;
- Executive Protection of senior management and V.I.P’s on site;
- Safeguards and maintains highly sensitive and confidential information;
- Possess outstanding written & oral communication skills and be well versed in working with computer based applications to include all Microsoft Office products;
- Conducts essential liaison between the company and local law enforcement;
- Conducts ongoing threat, risk and vulnerability assessments;
- Will maintain a high level of physical fitness and personal appearance;
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts;
- Specialist Security services that relate to this industry;
- Investigate and report maintenance and safety conditions which might endanger the client, its associates, or public safety;
- Ensure that daily administrative documentation is kept concise and complete at all times; Maintain all daily assigned equipment in functional and presentable condition;
- Respond to all requests for assistance relayed by Supervisor or client; complete various company or client assignments as required; submit reports to superior officer;
- Investigate security related accidents/incidents, interview witnesses, complaints, and victims; responsible for gathering physical evidence and preserving it for future use; complete report and follow up with management as needed;
- Investigate and report fires, evacuations, hazardous situations/other facility related events, and provide back up for client personnel;
- Responsibilities include crowd control and assisting Fire Department/EMS or other officials during these processes; maintain control at traffic accidents, assist victims, and investigate causes;
- Responsible for ensuring that all employees on company property have proper company issued identification;
- Ensure that the client, its associates, and facility personnel are provided with a safe and professional work environment.
- Prior experience in the military, Ex Law Enforcement, Veterans who held military occupational specialties, including Marine Security Guard, Military Police Officer and Infantry, is essential.
- GED (Required);
- Must be eligible for employment within the United States;
- Must be a minimum of 21 years old;
- Physically fit; candidates must at least meet minimum physical requirements to be considered for this opening.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal background check and drug screen;
- A clean Driving record is a MUST;
- BSIS guard card required.
- All potential candidates are also required to bring all their educational certificates to the interview.
All potential candidates are required to pass a basic aptitude. Successful candidates on passing, will move on to the interview stage.
- Incumbents are regularly required to use hands, talk, and hear;
- They are frequently required to run, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and smell;
- They occasionally are required to stand, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch;
- They are also occasionally required to mount and dismount vehicles;
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus;
- The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level is generally moderate;
- The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description;
- This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment;
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands.
- Ability to communicate and effectively interact with co-workers, managers, subordinates and the general public sufficiently to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction;
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain codes, regulations and procedures;
- Ability to effectively respond to issues both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to motivate employees to take desired action;
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service.
- Demonstrated exceptional results in a client-service role; professional and positive communication style, is essential.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Demonstrate ability to work well under pressure with a proactive approach to unusual occurrences;
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative;
- Requires good organizational and leadership skills, attention to detail and openness to new ideas and procedures.
- How many years of Security experience do you have?
- Are you in Long Beach, CA?
- Do you understand what conflict resolution is?
- Do you have the following license or certification: BSIS Guard Card?
- Do you have the following license or certification: First Aid CPR AED?
- Military and Ex Law Enforcement service- Minimum 2 years (Required);
- Security: 2 years (Required);
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required).
- Long Beach, CA (Required).
- BSIS Guard Card (Required);
- Fire Arms (Required);
- Pepper Spray (Required);
- Taser (Required);
- Baton (Required);
- First Aid CPR AED (Required).
*All licenses must be current (in date) and for the State of California.
- All Educational certificates obtained in the Military or Law Enforcement are required.
*On acceptance of an interview, copies of all your licenses, certificates an up to date resume, must be brought with you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $28.00 /hour
- Security: 2 years (Required)
- Conflict Resolution: 2 years (Required)
- Military and Law Enforcement: 2 years (Required)
- Customer Service Skills: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Long Beach, CA (Required)
- First Aid CPR AED (Required)
- BSIS Guard Card (Required)
- Pepper spray (Required)
- Firearms (Required)
- Taser (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Baton Permit (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Graveyard (Required)