Minerals Technologies Inc.
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager Department: MTI Corporate Finance
Minerals Technologies Inc. Work Site: Bethlehem, PA or Remote
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis FLSA Status: Exempt
No Supervisory Responsibility Effective Date: April 2018
Critical features of this job are described under the headings that follow. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each primary (essential) duty satisfactorily.
Minerals Technologies Inc. is a $1.6 billion minerals-based company with 3,600 employees and global reach
through operations in 35 countries. MTI is a leader in minerals-based technology, and the world leader in
precipitated calcium carbonate and bentonite. MTI’s growth strategies include expanding its technologies
geographically, developing and launching innovative new products worldwide, and acquisitions. Are you ready
to launch your career with us?
High profile position providing world class financial planning, analysis and reporting support to optimize
management decision-making across a complex business assortment.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, the Financial Planning & Analysis Manager will help
to prepare and drive the Company’s monthly, quarterly and annual internal and external reports including
operating plans, variance, cash flow and expenditure analyses and special projects as needed.
This position will partner with stakeholders (including Treasury, Business Unit CFO’s and Global Shared
Service Teams) to drive financial insights that contribute to the company’s bottom line.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
1. Quantitative analysis of complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely
financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected
variances, including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expense, working capital and capital
- Identify and track key cost/performance drivers and cost opportunities
- Prepare financial reports and presentations for internal use by collecting, analyzing, formatting
and presenting information
- Analyze industry/peer group performance and actual performance vs. investor estimates
- Continually identify areas of risks and opportunities in the company’s performance
2. Partner with management and senior management for analysis, planning and reporting needs.
- Present findings to CEO, CFO in monthly/quarterly financial pre-business reviews and assist in
preparation for Investor Relations Presentations and Calls
3. Assist the Director of FP&A and the VP Controller in the development of the Financial Plan, Budgets
and Forecasts and internal / external presentations (including Board Presentations, Town Hall, Analyst
Call, Investor Presentations etc.)
4. Manage and influence relationships across finance functions to improve process, create efficiencies, and
ultimately drive improved reporting, enabling a focus on value-added activities.
- Manage change control and drive improvements in integrity and quality of reports
- Identify, research and resolve issues related to financial reports
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting throughout the business.
5. Provide financial support for special projects as requested
Actively participate in the implementation of the Company’s Operational Excellence and Continuous
Improvement Initiatives including 5S, Kaizen, Hoshin Kanri, Daily Management Control, Standard Work and
Other Duties & Responsibilities
1. Other duties as assigned.
Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
The requirements listed in the sections that follow are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities
required to perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions (primary duties) of the job.
Bachelor’s Degree. CPA, CMA or MBA preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Five or more years of experience, in a Finance / Accounting Role, with
progressively increasing responsibility, in financial analysis and management, preferably with a $200M+
company. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, and working
knowledge of accounting principles. Demonstrated experience with financial systems and data query tools.
Ability to integrate multiple inputs into a clear, concise, and useful recommendation or conclusion. Highest
standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Must demonstrate organization and prioritization skills
to manage time. Strong communication and influencing skills at all levels throughout the business. Attention
to detail. Familiarity with Essbase Reporting preferred.
A minimum of monthly travel between Bethlehem, PA and New York Headquarters. Additional travel
may be required. (Approximately 25%)
The employee is expected to be self-directed, take initiative and be persistent when appropriate to accomplish
necessary duties and keep busy without prompting. Additionally, the employee is expected to be
adaptable/flexible to changing work assignments, analytical, organized and detail-oriented, perform multiple
tasks at once, compose correspondence and other documentation in a professional manner, express ideas
constructively, actively listen to others, manage time effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines, learn and
memorize procedures, display a cooperative attitude, read, understand and follow all company, job specific and
safety policies/procedures, and attend/use all required training.
Submit resume and salary requirements via:
email to MTIRecruiter2.NorthAmerica@gmail.com, fax to 610-
882-1385 or mail to North American Recruitment/HR Global Business Services, Specialty Minerals Inc., 1
Highland Avenue, Bethlehem, PA 18017. No phone calls please. Only those meeting our requirements will be
contacted. EOE www.mineralstech.com