The Foundation Field Specialist will be responsible for working with The Home Depot Foundation team to develop and implement a successful and meaningful community affairs and associate volunteer program. The position is responsible for managing some nonprofit partner relationships, reviewing, processing grant requests, administrative management of service projects, and training. The Foundation Field Specialist will also participate in the ongoing development of policies, programs and practices based on a continued assessment of community needs, alignment with company business imperatives, measurement of community impact, business value, and impact on corporate reputation.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES -
- With guidance from the Foundation Manager, implements and recommends divisional corporate social responsibility strategy and initiates division-wide implementation, including integration and execution of THD Foundation programs and initiatives.
- Partners with leadership to develop and execute giving strategies for each specified markets to include volunteer events, special events, grand opening donations, and grant distribution.
- Collaborates with Manager to maximize the impact of budget.
- Responsible for leading, training, supporting and recognizing a network of volunteer leaders throughout the company.
- Facilitates relationships between community organizations and field associates, as appropriate.
- Coordinates the execution of partnerships at the local level.
- Creates opportunities for stakeholder engagement through oversight of volunteer programs, local implementation of partnerships, special initiatives, and special in-store programs.
- Develops and maintains annual calendar of volunteer events.
- Works with internal partners as it relates to THD Foundation strategy (i.e. Public Relations, Internal Communications, Marketing, Merchandising, HR, etc.)
- Attends division meetings to heighten awareness of THD Foundation programs.
- Represents THD Foundation at internal and external events.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Foundation Senior Manager. No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the technical leadership of a project work team; may select team members and assess capabilities; provide technical training; provide information necessary to meet work, project or program objectives; evaluate program or project performance.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must pass the Drug Test.
Must pass the Background Check.
Must pass pre-employment tests if applicable
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE - 02
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
At least 4 years in community affairs industry or nonprofit management is required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
- Understands the mission, strategies, structure and external competitive environment of the company and has the ability to apply this understanding to develop local Foundation and social responsibility strategies, partnerships and programs.
- Ability to design and utilize diverse communications methods and tools to effectively target messages to internal and external stakeholders and clearly convey thoughts, concepts and direction.
- Demonstrated program design and management experience in strategic communications, community relations, public affairs, or related field.
- Proven track record of administering and maximizing budgets.
- Experience planning and leading group volunteer projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with nonprofit organizations and make donation decisions.
- Knowledge of grants administration and volunteer tracking software.