PAC Machinery (www.pacmachinery.com) is a dynamic, privately held US Manufacturer of quality packaging machinery that has been in business since 1963. We are located in beautiful San Rafael, CA close to the Richmond / San Rafael Bridge. Our extensive line of equipment is used in numerous industries, including electronics, food, medical and pharmaceutical. We manufacture, import and export packaging machinery to Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
We are seeking a highly motivated Regional Sales Manager to join our Sales Team!
General Purpose of Job
- Manage a designated US sales territory to obtain the maximum sales revenue and gross margin possible for the company.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with assigned company agents, representatives and distributors to insure the acceptance and implementation of company sales programs, policies and changes by their field sales force.
- Serve as an interface for the company with its agents, representatives and distributors to continuously obtain current competitive information; identification of need for marketing changes; sales policy and procedure change, etc.
Role and Responsibilities
- Achieve sales objectives for the region, i.e. – unit and dollar volumes, gross margin, product mix, etc.
- Train representatives and their employees in product information and product presentations. Arrange for training and assistance to the representatives and distributors in all areas, i.e. – service, finance, administrative operations, etc.
- Direct field sales activities of the region with respect to advertising, distributor shows, equipment demonstrations, sales forecasts, sales blitzes, training, sales seminars, customer visits to the factory and sales activities.
- Assist the National Sales Manager (NSM) Product Line Manager (PLM) in the development of annual strategic plans, including competitive sales responses, product pricing in the market, and customer acceptance of new products and/or product modification as made by the company from time to time.
- Determine tactics and techniques required to secure business from key customers and National Accounts. Train and direct the representatives and distributors in the field execution of such tactics and techniques.
- Create and maintain direct relationships with key decision makers. Support company efforts to secure and manager National Account business in the region.
- Analyze the performance of assigned representatives and distributors. Manage field sales force to plan for the region. Review representative and distributor performance 4 times per year at the Quarterly national sales meeting with the National Sales Manager & VP of Sales Marketing. Develop and implement programs to correct and enhance performance of representative and distributors in the region. Identify top replacement candidates for existing representative and distributors and recommend changes as needed to make plan in the region.
- Identify and resolve issues and obstacles between the company, assigned representatives, distributors and customers to achieve sales objectives in the region within budget.
- Supply a formal written annual plan for the region once per year to the National Sales Manager. Review plan with supervisor and agree to implement plan as issued by the Management Team annually.
- Maintain regional activities within budget.
- Attain sales plan for each fiscal year.
- Assign and measure sales representative/distributor performance on an ongoing basis throughout the year. Recommend changes to distribution as required to make plan.
- Control expenses.
- Develop representative and distributor relationships to maximize performance and mind share of the organization.
- Effectively delegate and work with all disciplines within the company to attain plan and protect the best interests of the company, customer and distribution channels.
- Execute special assignments as required and requested by management.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned subject to reasonable accommodations.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
- Speak effectively before groups of people.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Travel requirement 70%
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time