Tower Products is seeking a responsible person with high integrity for the entry level position of IT Help Desk Support. This position will be responsible for monitoring, prioritizing, and managing help desk requests for the organization, including hardware and software maintenance and support. In some cases, close coordination will be required with support staff for organization’s specialized applications. The IT Help Desk Supportwill also be responsible for providing general support and assistance to the network and server administration team, including the organization’s Microsoft Windows and Apple infrastructure.
We look for team-oriented people who take initiative; people who will be focused on our customers; people who can communicate; people comfortable taking the lead and holding themselves accountable for doing a great job. We want people who are interested in starting a career with us. This position is for in house support - not remote accessible.
Responsibilities and Duties for IT Help Desk Support:
- Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction. When necessary coordinate with or escalate requests to other technical team in the organization.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the help desk Service desk.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. For local workstations.
- Document internal procedures and develop knowledge base articles for internal IT team documentation, as well for users.
- Ensure new workstation requests has a computer, required peripherals, and required network connections.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Assist with setting up specialized workstations that differ from the standard configuration.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- When applicable, modify security access permissions in the file servers.
- Monitor management systems to ensure timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.
- Assist in the monitoring and administration of workstation management systems, including performance and security compliance.
- Field requests for supporting server applications such as anti-spam and anti-virus servers.
- Assist in network security incidents investigation in collaboration with other technical staff.
- Participate in network audits
- Occasional on call duties
Knowledge and Skills for IT Help Desk Support:
- Associates Degree in Information Systems or related fields or 2 years of relevant technical experience.
- Experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting computer, server and networking issues.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Windows Server administration.
- Basic experience administering Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Basic networking skills
- Familiarity with Help and Document software such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Apple client OS.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, organization, attention to detail, problem solving and multi-tasking a must
For more information on the company and its products, please visit https://markertek.com
This position is for in house and not remote accessible. We do not offer relocation assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off