Amazon, one of the top 100 companies in the United States, has an immediate opening for an IT Support Technician in our Fulfillment Center. Fulfillment Centers throughout the U.S. handle millions of items from tens of thousands of vendors and ships them across the globe each day. The successful IT Support Technician will be responsible for utilizing his/her skills to provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the Fulfillment Center that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. The IT Support Technician position is the first level of support for the operations of the Fulfillment Center and becomes the voice and face of the IT department to our customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
The IT Support Technician is a member of a Global IT organization responsible for all Amazon Fulfillment. Our team approaches work as seeing no job as too small and no challenge as too big! They will be supporting centers across this network with daily projects and activities as directed. Responsibilities include allocation and maintenance of IT equipment throughout the Fulfillment Center, managing multiple customer requests simultaneously. This includes troubleshooting of all IT related equipment such as PCs, wireless handheld devices, thin clients, printers and other end user devices. IT Support Technicians have the ability to move up 50lbs as well as stand and walk for 10-12 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation. IT Support Technicians are also responsible for the RMA and repair process for all devices under warranty. IT Support Technicians are also expected to participate in learning new technologies and career development opportunities as presented in an effort to progress to higher level positions within the IT network. All IT Support Technician positions will be on a rotation shift schedule between days and nights. The position will also require supporting of multiple buildings around the area as well as potentially supporting customers remotely. This position reports directly to the IT manager for the Fulfillment Center.
- Knowledgeable of set up and installation of computer and networking equipment.
- Experience maintaining laser printers
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications as well as Windows Operating Systems, Linux, or Cisco
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- A+, Network +, or other IT industry standard certifications
- Experience troubleshooting integrated and interdependent computer systems
- Experience maintaining zebra thermal printers, troubleshooting thin clients, PCs, scanners, and portable handheld terminals
- Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives
- Service Management, Project Management, and Inventory Management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work and make decisions independently in a fast-paced production environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation