A progressive veterinary hospital near beautiful Argyle, Texas is seeking highly motivated, people-oriented, and experienced kennel technician to complement our team. Candidates must possess exceptional communication and client service skills, and work well in a team atmosphere. Applicants must be experienced, professional and knowledgeable in the following skills: cleaning, caring for animals, medication administration, and animal restraint. The position requires working weekends and holidays. The position comes with a benefits package.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Observe animal appearance and activity for general physical condition, obvious signs of illness, disease and discontent.
- Handle animals as required and restrain animals.
- Walk boarded dogs several times a day to provide exercise and time for elimination of bowels and bladder.
- Bathe, groom and provide Tender Loving Care to boarded and hospitalized animals.
- Provide care for animals housed/visiting the Hospital. Report signs of illness, disease, injury or unusual activity to animal health technicians/veterinarians.
- Apply knowledge of normal food and water requirements of animals. As required, provide special food and water.
- Discharge and admit animals at the request of receptionists, practitioners and animal health technicians. Assure animals being discharged have been checked by animal health technician and/or practitioner. Ensure that animals are clean and fresh smelling prior to discharge.
- Under the supervision of veterinarians or technicians assist with the administration of medications, post operative care or preparation of samples for laboratory examination, collect specimens, clean instruments, fill prescriptions as authorized.
- Ensure that cages and animals are properly numbered and identified and that personal property (toys, treats, blankets, leashes) are stored in the proper area and identified.
- Clean, disinfect and maintain kennels, cages, runs and stalls as often as is necessary to ensure no cages or kennels are soiled and odors are not apparent. Perform general cleaning in other areas of the hospital to control the spread of disease. Wash and sterilize water and food bowls.
- Launder and dry towels and blankets.
- Patrol hospital grounds daily, picking up any trash and stool material. Empty trash.
- Groom animals utilizing techniques that vary depending on type of hair, coat, breed and owner instructions. Bathe and dry animals. As required, perform
- Record information such as feeding schedules, appearance, behavior of animals that are boarded, groomed or hospitalized.
- Exhibit a technical knowledge of products and medications sold, including dietary products. Demonstrate the ability to explain and educate clients on products and answer their questions regarding product purchase/use.
- Work well with all employees and ensure that your actions support the hospital, the doctors and the practice philosophy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Kennel technician: 1 year
Required work authorization: