Full Job Description
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 5+ years relevant work experience
- 5 years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or PERL
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position is unique because the position is part-time at 30 hours per week (Mon-Thurs is a common schedule, but this is flexible) and receives the same benefits as full-time employees, with compensation proportionate to working 3/4 time.
Do you want to work for a manager who cares about you as a person and who will provide both positive and candid feedback to help you develop career skills? Do you, in turn, want to help the team responsible for managing Amazon's global workforce data which impacts more than half a million employees?
Amazon People Technology is migrating its core human capital management (HCM) software to Workday. In the process of this migration, the team is building out a software ecosystem and configuring Amazon’s business processes to allow us to transition smoothly. We are looking for an experienced developer that will build the ecosystem and configuration needed to migrate and scale Amazon’s workforce in Workday while maintaining and improving our service to employees. Our ideal team members thrive in a rapidly changing environment, relish finding and stretching system limits, enjoy the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all else, are passionate builders of consistent, scalable, and maintainable products and services.
You are willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, performance, and user experience. You will define and evolve the teams’ methodologies for updating Workday configuration and integrations at a fast pace with no user disruptions. You will own the goals and roadmap of our Workday implementation to meet the needs of Amazon’s global workforce. You will demonstrate strong leadership as you control your own destiny in Amazon's ownership oriented culture.
We're looking for a developer who is hungry to build things from scratch, leverage existing solutions, and who can bring next-generation HR technologies into a fresh new space. Want a challenge where you can Think Big? You'll be able to engage with multiple internal and external teams on collaborative solutions, helping People Tech drive toward seamless, trustworthy employee data integrations. Be a key part of delivering a great user experience to Amazon employees in the same way Amazon delivers a great user experience to customers.
- Design, implement and maintain software and services for PeopleTech which support hundreds of thousands of Amazonians
- Gathering and reporting relevant and actionable metrics
- Enforcing, auditing, and streamlining software development, testing and delivery processes
- Mentor and grow developers on multiple teams in domestically and internationally
- Ensure multiple teams are creating scalable, maintainable, and adaptable products and services
Think you have what it takes to rise to the challenge? Apply today!
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation