The Business Systems Analyst will work closely with the Agile Product Owner to understand the software application vision, define the scope of the project, write detailed user stories on new applications or features, prioritize user stories, perform user acceptance test, and communicate the Product vision to the technical team as well as with other teams within the company. The role will work with an agile team of developers and QA engineers to deliver projects from envisioning to completion through an iterative process.
- Document incoming requests for new projects or changes to existing projects
- Interface with end users to collect and understand project requests
- Understanding applications to facilitate the support of end-users
- Create accurate, well-formed and testable user stories
- Monitor iteration progress, and ensure successful iteration completion
- Remove impediments and stimulate the productivity of the team
- Interface with developers and track iteration progress
- Manage a list of all project requests and track the progress of projects through the life-cycle
- Create documentation and communication for end-users
- Create an application flow/data, diagrams and wireframes/mock-ups
- Perform tasks related to rolling out new products
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
Bonus if you’re a Software Developer in your past life!
More about Grocery Outlet and the exciting future ahead!
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Understands the Agile methodology, including the expectation of a self-driven Scrum Team.
- Knowledge of at least one software development lifecycle management methodology: Waterfall, Iterative, or Agile.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Be well organized, detail oriented and very thorough
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand and document business practices and procedures
- Ability to react quickly and responsively to many requests
Grocery Outlet (www.groceryoutlet.com) is the leading extreme value retailer in the United States, serving bargain-seeking customers since 1946. The Grocery Outlet Bargain Market brand currently includes over 280 + independently operated stores in California, Nevada, Oregon, Idaho, Washington and Pennsylvania. Privately held, Grocery Outlet generates annual revenues exceeding $2 Billion and employs ~1000 people across the US. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, Grocery Outlet has been family operated for almost 70 years and has a rich history of putting customers and employees first.
Grocery Outlet is pursuing an aggressive expansion strategy in all six states we operate with an overall growth goal of 350 stores by 2019. We are actively pursuing various other new markets with a vision of a potentially nationwide scope in the near future. Our growth is powered in part by Hellman & Friedman, a private equity firm that acquired Grocery Outlet in September 2014. With the powerful synergy between them and our corporate team, we provide above-and-beyond support to our owner-operator network of stores while maintaining an unparalleled reputation in the supplier community as a company that can move inventories and delivers prompt, on-time payment. We are the first call for many suppliers who know that if they have overstocked items, they can quickly turn them into cash with us.
About the team:
The members of our IT team constantly push the boundaries of technology and go above and beyond to support stores and customers. The three sections within IT: Application Development, Store Systems, and IT Infrastructure work closely together to deliver timely solutions to benefit the entire Grocery Outlet ecosystem. Our Helpdesk and support teamwork with cutting-edge tools and systems. We are problem-solvers, go-getter and service-oriented! Our team is driven by passion, embraces creativity, hard work and promotes collaboration. We are focused on solving important problems and committed to WOWing our customers! An ideal addition to the team will bring passion, dedication, humor, energy, attention to detail and deep expertise.