Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Trade Manager, Mechanical (HVAC/R)
This individual will be responsible for coordinating the field movements of the HVAC/R division of Katerra. They will act as a technical liaison between the site superintendent and the PM for the project and the HVAC/R craft team performing the installation. This person must be able to multitask and maintain a positive outlook in stressful situations. As this will be a grass-root effort to put the division online in the region, candidate needs to be personable, open-minded and energetic. Must take initiative and be comfortable making decisions that may have wide-ranging effects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate Mechanical craft team movement between all of the projects in the region and outside of the region with other Area Managers.
- Maintain responsibility for the Mechanical budget and schedule progression on all projects in the region through coordination with site PM team.
- Coordinate with subcontractors to verify scope for project PM's.
- Coordinate all RFI's and change order documentation for submission to the project engineer.
- Be responsible for hiring all craft leads in the region and ultimately responsible for maintaining proper manpower based on region specific manpower loading needs.
- Be responsible for acquiring and maintaining craft tools and equipment for the region based on project load.
- Report directly to the Director of Mechanical Operations.
- Attend all meetings and submit all reports required by superiors and project teams.
- Ensure journeyman skillsets and ratios (as required) are met on all projects in region.
Required Skills & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience managing Mechanical projects.
- Evidence of Journey level knowledgebase in the HVAC/R industry.
- Working knowledge of the IMC edition in effect at any given time in the region as well as all state and local codes in the region.
- Ability to meet with local officials as needed to discuss code compliance and any other issues deemed necessary by the Authority Having Jurisdiction.
- Evidence of current or prior EPA 608 certification.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments.
Preferred Skills & Experience
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- HVAC Excellence and/or NATE Certification (HVAC Excellence preferred).
- Cross-functional capabilities in any of the specialty trades MEPF.
- Project management training and/or aptitude.
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.