Requires the services of a DBA staff augmentation consultant to assist with database design and implementation for the CAPTOR project and other DOC/PBPP systems as required. The resource is responsible for data analysis and database management. The resource will also be involved in maintenance, enhancement, relational database design, physical and logical database modeling, performance analysis and tuning. The resource should have a range of skills and knowledge of the utilities and production tools used for data storage management to support the Application Team, OLTP and OLAP design concepts, data warehousing, ETL skills, data integration and migration, MS SQL Server best practice, SQL server configuration, SQL server failover clustering, etc.
DOC IT utilizes both waterfall and agile project methodologies. As such, experience with both waterfall and agile project methodologies will be preferred. Resource must also have the following soft skills: Team Player, Communicator (Verbal and Written), Patient, Smart, Analytical, Good Problem solving capabilities, Logical Thinking.
- Physical and logical database modeling.
- Engages in ongoing process improvement
- Database design, installations and conversions.
- Business systems analysis and design experience.
- Logical data modeling techniques.
- Provides status of work to Project Team Lead.
- Knowledgeable in data analysis and database management techniques.
- Execution of all responsibilities with little direct supervision of Team Lead.
- Anticipate and resolve issues specific to the team.
- Determine time estimates and schedule for own work and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Identify and track issues, risks and action items.
- Skilled data dictionary analysis and design and data model analysis design.
- Maintains central data repository.
- Experience and knowledge in supporting application system development life cycle.
- Responsible for data dictionary backup and recovery.
- Responsible for definition of standards of data dictionaries.
- Communicates accurate and useful status updates.
- Manages and reports time spent on all work activities.
- Follow quality standards.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Complete assigned tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: