The Office Manager is responsible for the supervision, coach and develop optical staff. S/he will also help to enhance profitability of the practice among other daily operations. The Office Manager will also ensure a delightful customer experience for exam patients and customers.
- Customer service is the primary responsibility of this position: answering all incoming calls, scheduling patients for doctor’s appointments, being open and honest in communication and maintaining a friendly, pleasant demeanor with customers at all time.
- Provides support to patient/customers, to include making eyeglass adjustments, taking measurements, reading prescriptions on the lensometer, timely notification of product readiness, proper handling of all money related transaction, and completing paperwork necessary to place and process orders.
- Manages store personnel and ensures all associates diligently engage in person and over the phone with patients/customers.
- Processing and verifying all third-party insurance payment information.
- This position will have access to patient information therefore a high degree of discretion and adhering to all privacy and confidential/propriety company policies and procedures is required (i.e. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, known as HIPAA).
- Responsible for communication and follow up with Doctors/Managing Partners regarding office performance, maintenance situations, associates performance and doctor relations.
- Ensures work station/Optical area/ Practice is maintained and clean at all times
This position supervises all employees in the Office and is collaborating with the Human Resources Department for the performance management, hiring decisions, terminations, recommendation for promotions, and coaching.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to move and lift up to 25 pounds.
· Optical license preferred but not required
- 2+ years of management experience in an optometric practice environment; drive for results and proven track record in reaching goals.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Strong skills in supervising and mentoring others, to generate customer satisfaction and sales.
- Able to use computer systems such as CRM, EHR, ordering and timekeeping.
- Polished customer service skills and a genuine ability to understand patients’ needs.
- Ability to resolve patient/customer complaint, with tact and positive outcomes.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Ability to maintain office hours and coverage.
- An interest in fashion eyewear and an eye for style is highly desired.
- Must be flexible for scheduling, and able to work weekends and holidays, as well as special sales events.
- Must be able to stand/walk/sit for increments of 4 hours or more.
- Great Patient Service skills must be displayed at all times. Proven track record of excellent customer service is a must.
Requires frequent movement (walking, standing etc.) for extended periods which could often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods. In addition, this role involves sitting for periods exceeding 8 hours per day and/ or 40 hours per week while assisting patients. This position will frequently use the telephone, computerized systems to communicate and process orders. Must be able to perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand, move freely around the office, bend, twist, and reach, squat and lift objects up to 25lbs.
Associates in Eyecare - Optometrists is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and an inclusive, accessible workplace. Associates in Eyecare - Optometrists is a drug-free work place. We participate in the E-Verify program. We perform background checks that include screening against the OIG and SAM databases.
About Associates in Eyecare - Optometrists
Associates in Eyecare - Optometristsis an independent optometric company focused on taking great pride in offering every patient the absolute best in vision care. Built on the foundation of patient convenience and satisfaction, Ashburn Eyecare Associates serves all of your family’s eye care need. Since its founding in 2004, AIE has grown to 11 locations, serving patients and their families in the Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince Williams Counties in VA as well as the DC locations.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance