EVERYTHING BUT THE HOUSE (EBTH) is the world’s premier marketplace for one-of-a-kind items headquartered in Cincinnati, OH. EBTH was born out of a passion for antiques, the thrill of discovering something special, and a commitment to creating a unique global auction platform with an enthusiastic community of buyers and sellers. Whether sellers are looking to sell a collection, an entire estate or just a single unique item, EBTH’s full-service model – photography, cataloging, payment and delivery – makes the process easy and worthwhile. For buyers, the reach of an e-commerce platform and the starting bid of $1 for all items means they can access an impressive range of collectibles— from a purse to a Picasso – from anywhere in the world.
We are seeking an Outbound Shipping Specialist
to work hands on to move, process and ship items to winning customers and to our Central Processing Centers.
As a young company, we move fast and take risks – and while this will be a very demanding position, you’ll be surrounded by a passionate team of individuals that are dedicated to the common goal of drastically changing the way that personal property is sold, bought, and moved across the country and across the world – and we have a lot of fun while we’re doing it!
TASKS YOU’LL BE JUGGLING
- Retrieve, process, label, ship and load items slated for shipping.
- Meet on-time shipping goals daily for all items.
- Meet established standards for processing rates.
- Use computers to process shipping, print labels, research item status and develop resolution.
- Work with Customer Service and other internal teams to resolve buyer issues.
- Be available to assist with customer drop offs and pick-ups, as needed.
- Develop creative process improvements to support increased efficiency, cost savings, andt and packaging quality.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as needed.
- Prior shipping or distribution center experience preferred.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- An appreciation for great customer service and a desire to foster it.
- Familiar with the Internet and Microsoft Office software.
- Adaptability. We are constantly innovating, and building better processes. Change is a daily occurrence in our business!
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, phone, and in person with customers.
- Ability to move / lift up to 75lbs.